Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Bálint Horváth. I live in Serbia and I am doing my studies as a technician Beszédes József secondary school in Magyarkanizsa.

During the last three years I did a lot of CAD models and due to this I got some really good experiences is the use of Solid Edge.
My project includes a complete writing desk, with great emphasis on the office machines. One of them is a stapler which consists of 14 elements and of which all are different. I made an animation film about the production procedure of one plate element and I used Excel VBA for it. The baseplate and the cover plate of structure is made by surface modelling, without using the order of others. It took me about 25 hours to create the true to life copy of the whole panel in Solid Edge. After finishing the work I took a picture of it in KeyShot.

Beside the modern stapler, I made my grandfather’s very old stapler too. I also tried to show the shabbiness of it in Keyshot. In the picture you can see the two stapler side by side.

The paper punch mainly consists of plate elements made in sheet metal modul.

There is also a pen on the writing desk. The inventor of the pen is also Hungarian like me, his name is Bíró László.

In the picture frame there is a photo of myself.

Stapler's magazin bending in Solid Edge ST9 with Excel VBA: https://youtu.be/z5bpwivYRU4

2018 March Winner - CAD desktop

Theorist

My name is Bálint Horváth. I live in Serbia and I am doing my studies as a technician Beszédes József secondary school in Magyarkanizsa.

During the last three years I did a lot of CAD models and due to this I got some really good experiences is the use of Solid Edge.
My project includes a complete writing desk, with great emphasis on the office machines. One of them is a stapler which consists of 14 elements and of which all are different. I made an animation film about the production procedure of one plate element and I used Excel VBA for it. The baseplate and the cover plate of structure is made by surface modelling, without using the order of others. It took me about 25 hours to create the true to life copy of the whole panel in Solid Edge. After finishing the work I took a picture of it in KeyShot.

Beside the modern stapler, I made my grandfather’s very old stapler too. I also tried to show the shabbiness of it in Keyshot. In the picture you can see the two stapler side by side.

The paper punch mainly consists of plate elements made in sheet metal modul.

There is also a pen on the writing desk. The inventor of the pen is also Hungarian like me, his name is Bíró László.

In the picture frame there is a photo of myself.

Stapler's magazin bending in Solid Edge ST9 with Excel VBA: https://youtu.be/z5bpwivYRU4

Comments
Community Manager Community Manager

Hello Balint:

Congratulations! you have been selected as the 2018 March design contest winner. Someone from our EMEA team will be contacting you shortly for the certificate and price distribution.

Regards,

Bijy

Theorist

Thank you very much!
 It is a great honor for me!

Horváth Bálint