Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Joseph, I am a sophomore attending UAH with the aim of earning a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. I completed this project for my MAE211 CAD class. All parts and assemblies were made in Solid Edge using the ordered environment. My assembly is based closely on diagrams I found of the Weatherford Maximizer II unit, I used available dimensions for their 912-365-168 model. There are 13 subassemblies used for the bearings, two families of parts used for the nuts and bolts, 160 unique parts, all adding up to a total of 1125 parts in my assembly. There is one motor driving the entire assembly, transmitting the power accurately through the gears and arms across 7 axes of rotation to move over 400 parts. Left down.jpgLeft rear viewThe nuts and bolts were placed using patterns and mirrors when possible. Sometimes Solid Edge discern which holes to pattern the parts into, which made the process more time consuming than I had anticipated.Left up.jpgThe pump positioned partway through the upstrokeThe motor section of the assembly was also a bit more difficult to make correctly as the diagrams lacked large amounts of information on that area. I decided to use an electric motor, as I found I did not have time to create an accurate combustion engine. This portion was based off of images and videos I found online, and is less accurate than the rest of the model. The site isn't letting me upload more images in this post, so I will add more information and details in a second one.

2018 May winner - Maximizer II Oil Rig

Dreamer

My name is Joseph, I am a sophomore attending UAH with the aim of earning a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. I completed this project for my MAE211 CAD class. All parts and assemblies were made in Solid Edge using the ordered environment. My assembly is based closely on diagrams I found of the Weatherford Maximizer II unit, I used available dimensions for their 912-365-168 model. There are 13 subassemblies used for the bearings, two families of parts used for the nuts and bolts, 160 unique parts, all adding up to a total of 1125 parts in my assembly. There is one motor driving the entire assembly, transmitting the power accurately through the gears and arms across 7 axes of rotation to move over 400 parts. Left down.jpgLeft rear viewThe nuts and bolts were placed using patterns and mirrors when possible. Sometimes Solid Edge discern which holes to pattern the parts into, which made the process more time consuming than I had anticipated.Left up.jpgThe pump positioned partway through the upstrokeThe motor section of the assembly was also a bit more difficult to make correctly as the diagrams lacked large amounts of information on that area. I decided to use an electric motor, as I found I did not have time to create an accurate combustion engine. This portion was based off of images and videos I found online, and is less accurate than the rest of the model. The site isn't letting me upload more images in this post, so I will add more information and details in a second one.

Comments
Community Manager Community Manager

Congratulations Joseph! You have been selected as 2018 May design contest winner. I will contact you separately with some additional questions and your shipment of the certificate and prize.

 

Regards,

 

Bijy