Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Siemens community, my name is Yessenzhan Issenov and I decided to create 3D model of the iconic car using Solid Edge ST10. I am a student at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (Canada) and worked as a geophysicist in the past. My goal was to restore my basic Solid Edge skills and to prove myself that I can design more or less complicated assembly that looks visually appealing. The idea of designing a spoke wheel seemed to be challenging for me; therefore, I decided to start from it.

My Bugatti assembly consists of different parts such as frame, suspension, engine, transmission, body parts, radiator, wheels, fuel tank, front/rear lights, seats, belts, functional steering mechanism, and others. It took me about 600+ hours to complete my model in Solid Edge and few times I wanted to give up. Another time consuming part was high quality Keyshot rendering with variety of colors, materials, environments, etc..The entire assembly is around 1.2 GB of data for 63 different parts. I have used actual pictures of this car as a reference for approximate dimensions and accuracy. Most of parts can move which can be seen from the video that I uploaded on youtube (Bugatti Type 35 Solid Edge). 

I have been learning automotive technologies and cars since my childhood. I really love working on my cars in the garage and solve different types of mechanical challenges. Solid Edge is a fantastic tool to design anything even for people whose profession is in different area. The designing of this car is a great opportunity to learn new techniques and tools in Solid Edge. 

Bugatti_Type_35_Contest_1.jpgFront 3/4 viewBugatti_Type_35_Contest_2.jpgBack 3/4 viewBugatti_Type_35_Contest_3.jpgInterior DesignBugatti_Type_35_Contest_4.jpgEngine Bay (exhaust side)Bugatti_Type_35_Contest_5.jpgEngine Bay (intake side)Bugatti_Type_35_Contest_6.jpgNight render in Keyshot

Bugatti Type 35 - 2018 June Winner

Theorist

Dear Siemens community, my name is Yessenzhan Issenov and I decided to create 3D model of the iconic car using Solid Edge ST10. I am a student at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (Canada) and worked as a geophysicist in the past. My goal was to restore my basic Solid Edge skills and to prove myself that I can design more or less complicated assembly that looks visually appealing. The idea of designing a spoke wheel seemed to be challenging for me; therefore, I decided to start from it.

My Bugatti assembly consists of different parts such as frame, suspension, engine, transmission, body parts, radiator, wheels, fuel tank, front/rear lights, seats, belts, functional steering mechanism, and others. It took me about 600+ hours to complete my model in Solid Edge and few times I wanted to give up. Another time consuming part was high quality Keyshot rendering with variety of colors, materials, environments, etc..The entire assembly is around 1.2 GB of data for 63 different parts. I have used actual pictures of this car as a reference for approximate dimensions and accuracy. Most of parts can move which can be seen from the video that I uploaded on youtube (Bugatti Type 35 Solid Edge). 

I have been learning automotive technologies and cars since my childhood. I really love working on my cars in the garage and solve different types of mechanical challenges. Solid Edge is a fantastic tool to design anything even for people whose profession is in different area. The designing of this car is a great opportunity to learn new techniques and tools in Solid Edge. 

Bugatti_Type_35_Contest_1.jpgFront 3/4 viewBugatti_Type_35_Contest_2.jpgBack 3/4 viewBugatti_Type_35_Contest_3.jpgInterior DesignBugatti_Type_35_Contest_4.jpgEngine Bay (exhaust side)Bugatti_Type_35_Contest_5.jpgEngine Bay (intake side)Bugatti_Type_35_Contest_6.jpgNight render in Keyshot

Comments
Community Manager Community Manager

Congratulations Yessenzhan! You have been selected as the winner for June! I will contact you in an email with your certificate and prize shipment. 

REgards,

Bijy