Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Jose, I have just finished my CAD class at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. For the main project of the class I decided to do a model of a Curta Calculator. The curta calculator allows one to do addition and subtraction mechanically through the use of the nines complement. With the use of Solid Edge I was able to model all of the parts for this calculator and assemble it. The goal of this project was to include all of the things we had learned throughout the semester and teach ourselves how to use a some of the other features on our own. We then presented renders from KeyShot and a moving asembly to the class to show our work. I believe this project has helped my knowledge and experience with Solid Edge and I will definitely pick Solid Edge for any future modeling.key871.3.jpgOutside view
key871.6.jpgView of some internals

Curta Calculator

Dreamer

My name is Jose, I have just finished my CAD class at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. For the main project of the class I decided to do a model of a Curta Calculator. The curta calculator allows one to do addition and subtraction mechanically through the use of the nines complement. With the use of Solid Edge I was able to model all of the parts for this calculator and assemble it. The goal of this project was to include all of the things we had learned throughout the semester and teach ourselves how to use a some of the other features on our own. We then presented renders from KeyShot and a moving asembly to the class to show our work. I believe this project has helped my knowledge and experience with Solid Edge and I will definitely pick Solid Edge for any future modeling.key871.3.jpgOutside view
key871.6.jpgView of some internals