Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, my name is Rhys Quinn.

I am currently a final year engineering student at Ulster University, Northern Ireland. In my CAE module (MEC502), I decided to redesign a horizontal waste baler. The baler was a complex design that consists of 10 individual sub assembly’s with over 500 parts in the entire assembly. In order to complete this product, a wide range of 3D modelling methods within the Solid Edge package were utilised. Keyshot was used to produce high resolution image of the finished machine. FEA analysis is another area that was crucial in the design. Using Solid Edge Simulation allowed me to understand what forces the door could withstand when a compaction force of 50tons was being applied. ISO 3 Waste Baler.5.jpg

Horizontal Waste Baler

Dreamer

Hello, my name is Rhys Quinn.

I am currently a final year engineering student at Ulster University, Northern Ireland. In my CAE module (MEC502), I decided to redesign a horizontal waste baler. The baler was a complex design that consists of 10 individual sub assembly’s with over 500 parts in the entire assembly. In order to complete this product, a wide range of 3D modelling methods within the Solid Edge package were utilised. Keyshot was used to produce high resolution image of the finished machine. FEA analysis is another area that was crucial in the design. Using Solid Edge Simulation allowed me to understand what forces the door could withstand when a compaction force of 50tons was being applied. ISO 3 Waste Baler.5.jpg

Comments
Theorist

Fantastic design, thats amazing work