cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Thomas Armour, I’m a first year student studying Product Design Engineering at Loughborough University.

This image was from of a CAD visualization module, we were asked to model a small every-day object. I took measurements of the watch and processed to design each component within NX. Once each component was completed they were assembled into the final object. The time consuming aspect of the project was applying all the textures and altering them to look appropriate in the scene.

I chose to redesign this watch using NX as I wanted to try and recreate the same effect presented in the original. I found the task of designing and making something so intricate and detailed satisfying and rewarding.

James McCabe Watch

Enthusiast

My name is Thomas Armour, I’m a first year student studying Product Design Engineering at Loughborough University.

This image was from of a CAD visualization module, we were asked to model a small every-day object. I took measurements of the watch and processed to design each component within NX. Once each component was completed they were assembled into the final object. The time consuming aspect of the project was applying all the textures and altering them to look appropriate in the scene.

I chose to redesign this watch using NX as I wanted to try and recreate the same effect presented in the original. I found the task of designing and making something so intricate and detailed satisfying and rewarding.