Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, my name is Faheem and I am currently in my second year studying Product Design Engineering at Loughborough University. I have developed this model as part of an ergonomics analysis project; later using Loughborough’s SAMMIE software. The NX Modelling part of this module was in my opinion, the most important element. Modelling this vehicle has given me a greater insight into the function and ergonomic design of components, even before analysis.

In previous projects using NX, I modelled much smaller items; however creating such a large and complex vehicle allowed me to utilise many more of the sophisticated features of the programme. Not only did I develop my understanding of previously used features; but used my initiative to learn how to surface model. Through watching videos and tutorials online, I was able to confidently model the front section of the ambulance to a high level of detail.

NX's rendering systems are extremely advanced, and I have particularly enjoyed changing lighting effects and background features to hone in on particular areas of the model. Decals were a particularly important part of this project, as I wanted to use NHS images to ensure the vehicle looked as realistic as possible. Material selection was key for the model, as I had to ensure that they were modified correctly to give the best effect for the background selected.

Siemens NX 11 is like no software I've used before - it encapsulates everything that is good about CAD and design and I hope to continue learning new skills in the future.

Ambulance_White_Background.jpgAmbulance_Front_View.jpgAmbulance_Back_View_at_Night.jpgExterior.jpg

Mercedes Sprinter Ambulance NHS

Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Faheem and I am currently in my second year studying Product Design Engineering at Loughborough University. I have developed this model as part of an ergonomics analysis project; later using Loughborough’s SAMMIE software. The NX Modelling part of this module was in my opinion, the most important element. Modelling this vehicle has given me a greater insight into the function and ergonomic design of components, even before analysis.

In previous projects using NX, I modelled much smaller items; however creating such a large and complex vehicle allowed me to utilise many more of the sophisticated features of the programme. Not only did I develop my understanding of previously used features; but used my initiative to learn how to surface model. Through watching videos and tutorials online, I was able to confidently model the front section of the ambulance to a high level of detail.

NX's rendering systems are extremely advanced, and I have particularly enjoyed changing lighting effects and background features to hone in on particular areas of the model. Decals were a particularly important part of this project, as I wanted to use NHS images to ensure the vehicle looked as realistic as possible. Material selection was key for the model, as I had to ensure that they were modified correctly to give the best effect for the background selected.

Siemens NX 11 is like no software I've used before - it encapsulates everything that is good about CAD and design and I hope to continue learning new skills in the future.

Ambulance_White_Background.jpgAmbulance_Front_View.jpgAmbulance_Back_View_at_Night.jpgExterior.jpg