Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Nine-Cylinder Clerget Radial Engine-2017 February Winner

by Enthusiast on ‎02-06-2017 07:51 PM - edited

Thomas Salverson Radial Engine.jpg

Hi my name is Thomas,

The image is of a nine-cylinder Clerget radial engine that I modeled using Solid Edge. The engine design was based on plans for a Clerget engine, the engine used in World War I era airplanes like the Sopwith Camel.

The engine consists of thirty-five unique parts that once assembled into the complete engine totals two hundred and ninety-three parts. The engine also animates the motion of the pistons, valves, connecting rods, and cam shaft. In total the animation moves ninety-seven parts with one driven motor placed on the crankshaft.

I completed this project as part of The University of Alabama in Huntsville's MAE 211, Intro to Computational Tools class.

I enjoyed working on this project since I had the opportunity to learn more about the inner-workings of the Clerget engine as well as learn to utilize the Solid Edge assembly environment.

For more information, pictures, and videos, please visit my engineering website: https://sites.google.com/site/tsalveengineeringprojects/cad-challenge-entries/radial-engine

Comments
by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎04-07-2017 05:06 PM

Congratulations Thomas! Yu have been selected as the February winner. Will keep in touch with certificate and the prize.

Regards,

Bijy

by Enthusiast
on ‎04-08-2017 11:07 PM

Fantastic! Thanks!

_Thomas