cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Matthew Holt, and here is my project for the MAE 211 Intro to Computational Tools course taught at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.

A radial engine was chosen as the subject of my project because of their historical significance, along with my interest of how they operate. I modeled my project after many different designs, with the primary design being that of the Pratt & Whitney R-1340 Wasp engine. Although I would have ideally made an exact replica of that specific engine, I ended up attributing the majority of the components to guess-work, or to similar components seen on other engines. Altogether, this project had 219 total parts, 33 unique parts, and 98 moving parts with the motor feature in Solid Edge.

I am happy to have had the opportunity to learn about Solid Edge and Keyshot, and experience the magnitude of potential that these programs have to offer. 

Render1.jpgRender2.jpg

Nine-Cylinder Radial Engine

Dreamer

My name is Matthew Holt, and here is my project for the MAE 211 Intro to Computational Tools course taught at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.

A radial engine was chosen as the subject of my project because of their historical significance, along with my interest of how they operate. I modeled my project after many different designs, with the primary design being that of the Pratt & Whitney R-1340 Wasp engine. Although I would have ideally made an exact replica of that specific engine, I ended up attributing the majority of the components to guess-work, or to similar components seen on other engines. Altogether, this project had 219 total parts, 33 unique parts, and 98 moving parts with the motor feature in Solid Edge.

I am happy to have had the opportunity to learn about Solid Edge and Keyshot, and experience the magnitude of potential that these programs have to offer. 

Render1.jpgRender2.jpg