cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For our Computed Aided Design class’s final project, me and my colleague Tiago Pereira, both enrolled in the second year of Mechanical Engineering in Instituto Politécnico de Leiria, decided to design the GS Storm CL-1 RTR RC Car based on a physical model. We used Solid Edge as the CAD program for this project.

We started by measuring the size of all the RC Car’s components, to get an accurate representation of the cars components, apart from the engine as it would require disassembling so we based it on a Parasolid 3D model from GrabCAD and gave them a few tweaks to fit nicely with the rest of the components.

This project was divided into three major assemblies, the rear, the front and the central assembly, this last one includes the chassis. The engine (motion_3), the transmission (motion_7), the deposit and the receiver, each one of them were designed and assembled separately and finally all combined together.

In the end, we had a total of 708 parts, 277 unique parts and seven main assemblies, including the final functional one, which took us a little over three months to complete.

RC Car, GS Storm CL-1 RTR

Enthusiast

For our Computed Aided Design class’s final project, me and my colleague Tiago Pereira, both enrolled in the second year of Mechanical Engineering in Instituto Politécnico de Leiria, decided to design the GS Storm CL-1 RTR RC Car based on a physical model. We used Solid Edge as the CAD program for this project.

We started by measuring the size of all the RC Car’s components, to get an accurate representation of the cars components, apart from the engine as it would require disassembling so we based it on a Parasolid 3D model from GrabCAD and gave them a few tweaks to fit nicely with the rest of the components.

This project was divided into three major assemblies, the rear, the front and the central assembly, this last one includes the chassis. The engine (motion_3), the transmission (motion_7), the deposit and the receiver, each one of them were designed and assembled separately and finally all combined together.

In the end, we had a total of 708 parts, 277 unique parts and seven main assemblies, including the final functional one, which took us a little over three months to complete.