Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, my name is Jacob Price and I am studying to become a mechanical engineer at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. This is my project for my CAD class I had this semester. We were assigned two major projects this year and the second one was of our own choice. I chose to model the rear axle of a remote controlled rock crawler that I own and have competed with. MOA stands for motor-on-axle which as you can see in the render there is an electric motor mounted to the axle. I was able to completely disassemble the axle and measure every part with a set of calipers, which was extremely helpful in keeping interferences at bay. This project has taught me a lot about the different functions and features of Solid Edge and Keyshot. I hope you enjoy my render as much as I do.

Thank you

windex.jpg

RC MOA Axle

Dreamer

Hello, my name is Jacob Price and I am studying to become a mechanical engineer at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. This is my project for my CAD class I had this semester. We were assigned two major projects this year and the second one was of our own choice. I chose to model the rear axle of a remote controlled rock crawler that I own and have competed with. MOA stands for motor-on-axle which as you can see in the render there is an electric motor mounted to the axle. I was able to completely disassemble the axle and measure every part with a set of calipers, which was extremely helpful in keeping interferences at bay. This project has taught me a lot about the different functions and features of Solid Edge and Keyshot. I hope you enjoy my render as much as I do.

Thank you

windex.jpg