Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, my name is Wiley Irish, and I am an Aerospace Engineering major at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. I recently completed my MAE 211 class, Intro to Computational Tools, in which I designed the Apollo Service Module for my final project.

The first image is a rendering of the outside of the service module on top of a reflective metallic floor to show more of the heat shield and high gain antenna. The next two are interior shots of the Module showing two different angles. Lastly, there is a rendering of my favorite section, one of the RCS quad panels.

Overall, this project was made piece by piece and assembled in Solid Edge. There are 913 total parts, 81 of which are unique, along with no interferences between parts. It was then exported to Keyshot for rendering. This project was a lot harder than I anticipated due to an extreme lack of documentation and measurements. Nevertheless, I was able to scavenge up a pretty decent size of documents in which I could derive and get rough dimensions for most parts. Although, this is a 1:1 scale of the Service Module(Parts were built and dimensioned 1:1) none of the parts or construction of the Module are "Exact" as they have all been interpreted and simplified to some extent.

1_Outer view.jpgService Module Outer View

Cloudy_Top_Angle All_da_settings_2.18.jpgService Module Bottom

Cloudy_Top_Angle.jpgService Module Top

6_RCS_Panel.jpgService Module RCS Panel

Update:

Here is a render that just finished that shows the side with more of an internal view. I also just added a picture taken from Solid Edge that showcases more of the internal parts.Side Shot.jpgService Module Side View

8_Irish_CSM_Constrained_Assembly_Picture.jpgSolid Edge View

Saturn V Service Module

Dreamer

Hi, my name is Wiley Irish, and I am an Aerospace Engineering major at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. I recently completed my MAE 211 class, Intro to Computational Tools, in which I designed the Apollo Service Module for my final project.

The first image is a rendering of the outside of the service module on top of a reflective metallic floor to show more of the heat shield and high gain antenna. The next two are interior shots of the Module showing two different angles. Lastly, there is a rendering of my favorite section, one of the RCS quad panels.

Overall, this project was made piece by piece and assembled in Solid Edge. There are 913 total parts, 81 of which are unique, along with no interferences between parts. It was then exported to Keyshot for rendering. This project was a lot harder than I anticipated due to an extreme lack of documentation and measurements. Nevertheless, I was able to scavenge up a pretty decent size of documents in which I could derive and get rough dimensions for most parts. Although, this is a 1:1 scale of the Service Module(Parts were built and dimensioned 1:1) none of the parts or construction of the Module are "Exact" as they have all been interpreted and simplified to some extent.

1_Outer view.jpgService Module Outer View

Cloudy_Top_Angle All_da_settings_2.18.jpgService Module Bottom

Cloudy_Top_Angle.jpgService Module Top

6_RCS_Panel.jpgService Module RCS Panel

Update:

Here is a render that just finished that shows the side with more of an internal view. I also just added a picture taken from Solid Edge that showcases more of the internal parts.Side Shot.jpgService Module Side View

8_Irish_CSM_Constrained_Assembly_Picture.jpgSolid Edge View