Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is James Wagnon. I have just completed my first year in Aerospace Engineering at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. I have worked at a small airport for the last year and a half and have become an aircraft enthusiast. Having lots of time spent around Staggerwing aircraft, I became very interested in the design and function of radial engines.

For my MAE-211 final design project, I have modeled and rendered a seven-cylinder radial engine. The assembly has a crankshaft that drives seven pistons with a stroke of 5 inches. The cam disk is driven by the crankshaft through three gears with a total 1 to 8 ratio. This cam disk drives the pushrods which open the valves through rockers. The valve timing replicates that of an actual radial engine.

I completed all of the modeling in this project using Solid Edge. I used KeyShot to do all of the texturing and rendering of the submitted images.

keyshotcontestRender1.jpgkeyshotcontestRender2.jpgkeyshotcontestRender3.jpgkeyshotcontestRender4.jpgkeyshotcontestRender5.jpg

Seven-Cylinder Radial Engine with Pushrod Actuated Valves

Dreamer

My name is James Wagnon. I have just completed my first year in Aerospace Engineering at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. I have worked at a small airport for the last year and a half and have become an aircraft enthusiast. Having lots of time spent around Staggerwing aircraft, I became very interested in the design and function of radial engines.

For my MAE-211 final design project, I have modeled and rendered a seven-cylinder radial engine. The assembly has a crankshaft that drives seven pistons with a stroke of 5 inches. The cam disk is driven by the crankshaft through three gears with a total 1 to 8 ratio. This cam disk drives the pushrods which open the valves through rockers. The valve timing replicates that of an actual radial engine.

I completed all of the modeling in this project using Solid Edge. I used KeyShot to do all of the texturing and rendering of the submitted images.

keyshotcontestRender1.jpgkeyshotcontestRender2.jpgkeyshotcontestRender3.jpgkeyshotcontestRender4.jpgkeyshotcontestRender5.jpg