Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Arpad Kinka. I'm finalizing my studies in mechanical designing at Beszédes József MMIK secondary school in Kanjiza, Serbia. For my final work, I choosed an old sewing machine to create the CAD model of it.

After sucesfully diassembled the dusty and rusty machine, I measured all parts of it with a caliper.

I created some sketches with the actual size of the parts, and start to bring them to life again with Solid Edge.

The main idea was a ''digital restauration'' . After finished the interior parts in Mulibody environment I've started to animate the assembled model. That was the hardest part of the work, because there are a lot of excentrical movements in one revolution. Finally, I managed to calibrate all parts to move in Solid Edge, as in the real life. You can watch it in the video, I attached below. 121 unique parts were used in the project for a total of 198 parts.

Sewing machine in YouTube

motor.68.jpgBagat Jadranka Mk.I (More images in attachment below)

Sewing machine (3).jpgBagat Jadranka Mk.I (More images in attachment below)

Sewing machine - Bagat Jadranka

Theorist

My name is Arpad Kinka. I'm finalizing my studies in mechanical designing at Beszédes József MMIK secondary school in Kanjiza, Serbia. For my final work, I choosed an old sewing machine to create the CAD model of it.

After sucesfully diassembled the dusty and rusty machine, I measured all parts of it with a caliper.

I created some sketches with the actual size of the parts, and start to bring them to life again with Solid Edge.

The main idea was a ''digital restauration'' . After finished the interior parts in Mulibody environment I've started to animate the assembled model. That was the hardest part of the work, because there are a lot of excentrical movements in one revolution. Finally, I managed to calibrate all parts to move in Solid Edge, as in the real life. You can watch it in the video, I attached below. 121 unique parts were used in the project for a total of 198 parts.

Sewing machine in YouTube

motor.68.jpgBagat Jadranka Mk.I (More images in attachment below)

Sewing machine (3).jpgBagat Jadranka Mk.I (More images in attachment below)