cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Arpad Kinka. I'm finalizing my studies in mechanical designing at Beszédes József MMIK secondary school in Kanjiza, Serbia. For my final work, I choosed an old sewing machine to create the CAD model of it.

After sucesfully diassembled the dusty and rusty machine, I measured all parts of it with a caliper.

I created some sketches with the actual size of the parts, and start to bring them to life again with Solid Edge.

The main idea was a ''digital restauration'' . After finished the interior parts in Mulibody environment I've started to animate the assembled model. That was the hardest part of the work, because there are a lot of excentrical movements in one revolution. Finally, I managed to calibrate all parts to move in Solid Edge, as in the real life. You can watch it in the video, I attached below. 121 unique parts were used in the project for a total of 198 parts.

Sewing machine in YouTube

Bagat Jadranka Mk.I (More images in attachment below)Bagat Jadranka Mk.I (More images in attachment below)

Bagat Jadranka Mk.I (More images in attachment below)Bagat Jadranka Mk.I (More images in attachment below)

Sewing machine - Bagat Jadranka

Theorist

My name is Arpad Kinka. I'm finalizing my studies in mechanical designing at Beszédes József MMIK secondary school in Kanjiza, Serbia. For my final work, I choosed an old sewing machine to create the CAD model of it.

After sucesfully diassembled the dusty and rusty machine, I measured all parts of it with a caliper.

I created some sketches with the actual size of the parts, and start to bring them to life again with Solid Edge.

The main idea was a ''digital restauration'' . After finished the interior parts in Mulibody environment I've started to animate the assembled model. That was the hardest part of the work, because there are a lot of excentrical movements in one revolution. Finally, I managed to calibrate all parts to move in Solid Edge, as in the real life. You can watch it in the video, I attached below. 121 unique parts were used in the project for a total of 198 parts.

Sewing machine in YouTube