Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My name is Patrcik Harris and I am an engineering student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. This is my rendering of a Tie Fighter from the Star Wars movies. As a massive Star Wars fan, this was a no brainer for me to choose this for my Solid Edge Project.

The T.I.E. in Tie Fighter stands for Twin Ion Engine. In a basic sense, the engines create thrust by injecting anodes into the thruster. These anodes are accelerated through the thruster by magnetic coils that create electric fields due to the Coulomb Force. Once the anodes exit the thrusters, the cathodes are injected in the pathway of the anodes to cancel out the anodes and prevent any more electrostatic discharge.

I modeled this rendering mostly after the Tie Fighter's from Star Wars Episode IV, but I did mix in parts from the newer models used in the Prequels, as well as, the more recent movies. I tried to make the spherical cockpit as detailed as possible, and I also wanted to make the fine detail on the wings a close to the original as possible. I have provide renderings of an angled front view, as well as, an angled back view. I had a blast making these, and I hope everyone viewing my renderings enjoys them too!

Submission Front.jpgFront ViewSubmission Back.15.jpgBack View

Tie Fighter

Enthusiast

My name is Patrcik Harris and I am an engineering student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. This is my rendering of a Tie Fighter from the Star Wars movies. As a massive Star Wars fan, this was a no brainer for me to choose this for my Solid Edge Project.

The T.I.E. in Tie Fighter stands for Twin Ion Engine. In a basic sense, the engines create thrust by injecting anodes into the thruster. These anodes are accelerated through the thruster by magnetic coils that create electric fields due to the Coulomb Force. Once the anodes exit the thrusters, the cathodes are injected in the pathway of the anodes to cancel out the anodes and prevent any more electrostatic discharge.

I modeled this rendering mostly after the Tie Fighter's from Star Wars Episode IV, but I did mix in parts from the newer models used in the Prequels, as well as, the more recent movies. I tried to make the spherical cockpit as detailed as possible, and I also wanted to make the fine detail on the wings a close to the original as possible. I have provide renderings of an angled front view, as well as, an angled back view. I had a blast making these, and I hope everyone viewing my renderings enjoys them too!

Submission Front.jpgFront ViewSubmission Back.15.jpgBack View