Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, my name is Vedanti and I am studying at Loughborough University in the Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. This vintage camera was inspired by various models that exist on the market and was created using NX 8.5. I combined different features from these models to create my own design and that's why the model's name is comprised of my initials. 

It was first designed on paper using exact measurements. This made it easier to create on the software. I used tools such as the pattern feature as well as extrusions and revolutions. 

The pictures under the camera as well as the table were also created using NX. I wanted to stick to the theme of vintage when creating this image hence my use of the colors and textures of the materials. This render focuses on the intricacy of the lens. The lens was designed to be made with two different materials: metal and plastic and is a 50mm lens which allows for sharper and more focussed images.

Vintage Camera-July Winner

Theorist

Hi, my name is Vedanti and I am studying at Loughborough University in the Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. This vintage camera was inspired by various models that exist on the market and was created using NX 8.5. I combined different features from these models to create my own design and that's why the model's name is comprised of my initials. 

It was first designed on paper using exact measurements. This made it easier to create on the software. I used tools such as the pattern feature as well as extrusions and revolutions. 

The pictures under the camera as well as the table were also created using NX. I wanted to stick to the theme of vintage when creating this image hence my use of the colors and textures of the materials. This render focuses on the intricacy of the lens. The lens was designed to be made with two different materials: metal and plastic and is a 50mm lens which allows for sharper and more focussed images.

Comments
Community Manager Community Manager

Congratulations Vedanti! You have been selected as July Student Design Contest Winner. Someone will be contacting you shortly.

Regards,

Bijy