Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound Output Parameter: all values during the simulation instead of single value

Creator
Creator

Hello Guys,

I would like to analyse how the parameters of my simulation model interact with each other.

For that I'm using the Design of Experiments-Tool (DOE). For the DOE I have to use the Export Parameters Setup like it is suggested in Amehelp. In the Export Parameters Setup the "Simple Output Parameters" outputs the last value of the simulation but I would like to get all values of the simulation with the time as variable.

As the Help says, this is possible with the "Compound Output Parameters" and a special function that is used by the Compound Output Parameters. But I can't find this function neither in the "Appendix: A. Descirption of EXPORT and Post Processing functions" nor anywhere.

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES

Re: Compound Output Parameter: all values during the simulation instead of single value

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

what exactly do you want out from the whole time trace of your variable?

There are 'compounds output' functions to extract max, truncate, min, integrate...

In Amehelp, if you display the address toolbar  in View/Toolbars, copy this:

qthelp://lmsimagine.lab/ame_dir/doc/html/manuals/AMESim/Reference/Functions_accessible_when_opened_from_the_Export_Parameters_Setup_dialog_box,_or_the_Post_Processing_tab.html

It will give you all the functions available there.

Highlighted

Re: Compound Output Parameter: all values during the simulation instead of single value

Creator
Creator

Hi Emmanuel, 

thank you for your answer. I found this table allready but I did not found there what I need.

In general I would like to do an estimation of my parameters by measured data just like with the parameter estimation toolbox in Matlab. And I thougt after reading the manual it would be the right way to do it with the DOE in Amesim. Is this right? If not, is there another tool in Amesim to do it or is it easier to use the Matlab-interface and than in Matlab the Paramter Estimation Toolbox?

And for the DOE in Amesim I need the output Parameter of my model and I need not the last one as it is the default setting. And to get all the values over the simulated time I thougt using the Compound Output Parameters would be the right way.

I hope you can help me with my problem...

Greetings

Trompeterich

Siemens Phenom

Hi Trompetrich,

I've checked the examples(*) given for the estimation toolbox.

Have you a precise type of study in mind you want to perform?

Depending on that study you may be able to do it with the Amesim Design Exploration, if not you will have to export your results and perform it in Matlab.

With more info I will be able to advise better.

(*)

Statistical Analysis
    Fitting Custom Univariate Distributions
    Fitting an Orthogonal Regression using Principal Components Analysis
System Identification
    Estimating Transfer Functions and Process Models
    Estimating State-Space and Polynomial Models
    Estimating and Validating Models
    Estimating Nonlinear Black-Box Models
Simulink Model Parameter Estimation
    Estimating DC Motor Parameters
    Estimating Parameters of a Battery
    Estimating the Parameters of a Hydraulic System
    Engine Throttle Parameter Estimation

Creator
Creator

Hi Emmanuel,

My model is something like a MVEM-simulation with a connected drive train.

I would like to do an estimation exactly like it is done in the examples "Estimating DC Motor Parameters", "Estimating Parameters of a Battery", or "Estimating the Parameters of a Hydraulic System" in the Simulink Model Parameter Estimation.

Is this possible with Amesim?

Thank you very much for your answer

Greetings

Trompeterich

Siemens Phenom

Hi Trompetrich,

Yes this is possible in Amesim:

1. using the Design Exploration module (Optimization studies)

2. using dedicated Apps for some motors, batteries...

1. In Amesim, Help menu/ Get Amesim demo/ search for designOptimization.ame

This demo shows the process of estimating parameters in order to match a performance curve with measured data.

The inputs parameters (ball and seat diameters and spring stiffness) are selected as inputs in Export Setup window.

Amesim_DesignOpt.jpg

The single output used for curve difference estimation is the output of the integrated squared differences between the curve and test. This is the "Cost function" = "Sum squared error" mentionned in one of the videos.

Amesim_Obj.jpg

In Design Exploration a study is defined to minimize that difference, you can also plot evolution of parameters and objective during the study:

Amesim_plots.jpg

2. For some motors and battery you will find dedicated Apps attached to some of those submodels to help with parameter estimation. I don't think there is a dedicated one for the DC motor but there is a post on the forum about that. There is one App for its control, look for Amesim demo named: Parameter setting tool for DC motor control.

As for batteries there are tools to estimate parameters from test or measurements.

The generic Design Exploration tool in 1. is very much equivalent to the parameter estimation toolbox.

I hope this helps.

[Edit] check this video