Amesim modeling of pressure drop through fluid system with partial air-filled chamber

Experimenter
Experimenter

Fluid System.png

Hello!

The attached schematic is a fluid system that I am modeling in Amesim. I am using a pressure source in place of the bags filled with water. Fluid flows from the bags, through a drip chamber, through tubing with intermittent filters and other components, and it exits at the end of a tubing line. I modeled the system in a manner such that pressure drop through the system is only dependent on the height of the water. Since the drip chamber is half filled with water and half filled with air, the air also has an additional affect on the pressure drop through the system. Do you have any ideas of how to model the compression of that air in the drip chamber and its affect on the pressure of the system?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Amesim modeling of pressure drop through fluid system with partial air-filled chamber

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi, 

have you considered using the hydraulic pressurized tank submodel (TK10) to model the drip chamber? With this component you can provide the relative gas pressure in the drip chamber which is then taken into account to compute the outlet pressure.

Regards,

Federico