Can anyone tell me where's the best source to find paramters for six cylinder engine?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello guys,

I hope you guys are having fun. I was wondering, if you guys can give me some ideas on where to get the parameters for six cylinder engine crankshaft simulation. I looked online everywhere, unfortunately no luck. I need parameters for crankshaft, connecting rod, and piston for my simulation. I was able to get some data from online sellers, but still not enough.

parameters.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can anyone tell me where's the best source to find paramters for six cylinder engine?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Meme,

The submodel TRCS01A is already a quite advanced model of crankshaft. I recommand you to use a simpler model instead with less parameters such as TRSC000A or TRSC001A.

The main parameters of these submodels are:

• crank throw radius
  • crank throw angle
  • connecting-rod length
  • bore
  • piston angle (half of the V angle)
  • piston offset relative to the crankshaft axis (piston frame)
  • piston displacement offset

Realistic numerical values should be given in technical documents that you can find in the Internet (publications, PhD thesis, CAD files).

Hope this will help you to complete your model. Please let me know your progress and feel free to contact us for any other question.

Best regards,

Clément

Re: Can anyone tell me where's the best source to find paramters for six cylinder engine?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Screenshot-2018-2-26 Amesim Six Cylinder Crankshaft Simulation.png

I totally agree with you on making model simplier. When I tried to select submodel type It doesn't show me the TRSC000A or B. I can understand that it is dependent upon the elements you select in the model. In my case, it's because of rotary inretias.

Thanks,

Meme

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Meme,

Yes this is due to the causality in Amesim. I propose you to remove the rotary stiffnesses between each cylinder to order to be able to select TRCS000A/B submodels.

BR,

Clem