Highlighted

Exporting an Amesim model for Real-Time target: missing file ".map"

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I'm an Automotive Simulation Engineer (mostly energy/performance simulation on vehicle level).

I'm trying to export a simplified battery model from AMESIM to a Realtime target (Dspace). I use the following workflow (from AMESIM realtime doku):

Iimage.pngused workflow

I can compile the model with Simulink coder without error but when importing the compiled files in Control Desk I get the following error:

image.pngControl Desk errorBased on this error I tried to get AMESIM to create the .map file (acc. to workflow this file should be created to specify watch parameters) but I can't get it to work.

I'm honestly not sure if this error occurs because I'm missing something in AMESIM or if I'm making a mistake in Matlab/Simulink...

Have any of you had a similar problem or can you point me in the right direction how i can resolve this error?

Software used:

Amesim Simcenter V17

MATLAB                                               Version 9.1         (R2016b)

Simulink                                               Version 8.8         (R2016b)

Simulink Coder                                  Version 8.11       (R2016b)

Control Desk 6.2

Thanks in advance

Armin

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Exporting an Amesim model for Real-Time target: missing file ".map"

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

It looks like the RT files have not been generated properly and are missing a lookup table used by the Amesim model.

During the step to generate files for real time, you should have a summary about external dependencies.

Something like this:

image.png

Do you see any message refering to the e2_bat_etc05.map file?

If it says NOT_FOUND like in the snapshot above and the file is actually used by the simulation, it may explain the error message you get when trying to run it in Control Desk.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I see some NOT FOUND Messages but they are all about parameters (not maps/datafiles) not used in the submodel (e.g. "NOT_FOUND 3.22+1.5e-3*soc+9e-6*sinh((soc-55)/4.7) in ESSBATPA01-1").

I tried a real simple system as well:image.png

file.data is available!

and get:

image.png

but still no ".map" file --> is this a file usually created by AMESIM or is it created in Simulink?

The workflow isn't really specific in this regard. 

Thanks,

Armin

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I thought this map file was a parameter of the model.

You can safely ignore the NOT_FOUND when you see numerical values or expressions.

Does the simple model create the same issue when running it in Control Desk?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have yet to try the rest of the Workflow with the simplified model.

I hope I am able to test it this week, I will report if anything changes.

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards Armin