Is it still possible to use setupzetatable instead of SetupZetaTable2?

Pioneer
Pioneer

In manual, there's no information about low Reynolds number extrapolation about SetupZetaTable2.

However, SetupZetaTable has descripstion about low Reynolds number extrapolation and it is what I want to do at low Reynolds number (constant zeta value at x<x_min). Is it still working function?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Is it still possible to use setupzetatable instead of SetupZetaTable2?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Yes it is still possible to use SetUpZetaTable.

Pioneer
Pioneer

What is orifice instance index which is result of setupzetatable?

I want to make heat exchanger model to read different friction factor every time step but error still comes up due to memory issue. I think R1SplineIdx is written at different location whenever I update R1splineIdx. Therefore, What I want to do is define another integer and use that instead of R1SplineIdx. 

But I am still stuck in the middle. 

Siemens Experimenter

The orifice instance index is an index that is used in utility orif_zeta. It contains the required information to perform the calculation.

Usually, SetUpZetaTable is called during initialization, the orifice instance index is the return value and must be stored in an integer store (here ic[0]), for example:

ic[0]=SetUpZetaTable_(&diam, zeta, Re,  &interp, &num);

and then, the orifice index is used in orif_zeta at execution returning the flow rate (q) at a given pressure drop (dp) using ic[0]:

orif_zeta_(&dp, &diam, &area, Re, v, q, zeta, &rho, &nu, &ic[0]);

Pioneer
Pioneer

you mean, I can save orifice index in ic, which represents integer store insted of sic, which represents pointer store. 

Pioneer
Pioneer

Also, is it okay to make my code execute SetUpZetaTable during main calculation? 

Siemens Experimenter

Of course, you can call SetUpZetaTable during main calculation.

But, it means that an orifice instance will be created at each function call, which is not a good option for performances. SetUpZetaTable has been designed to be called once (during initialization) and in collaboration with orif_zeta thanks to the orifice instance index.

So it is really not recommended to call SetUpZetaTable during main calculation.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yeah. I get 'Could not allocae CreatelinearSplineSpace' now. Then, is there no way to control flow rate or friction factor in my taste execpt default functions in Amesim? 

tforifzetaid, the function calculaing flowrate cannot be opened by user. Also, it is very hard to make a new function calculating flow rate. 

nah..

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Hi

If you would like to discuss on your model in detail, I would recommend contacting a support engineer via the GTAC link:
https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/support/

You can then send your model to our support engineers who will be glad to help you to define the proper function.

Regards