Highlighted

Plot partial result

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I'm able to plot seperate parts of a plot to use them on to another graph. I've added a picture for reference. The squared boxes are the parts of the graph I want to present on my graph. The rest must be discarded. 

Is there a way to achieve this within Amesim? Or do I need to extract te data and delete the points in which I'm not interested?

Kind regards,

Tom Haenen

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Plot partial result

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Dear Tom,

this should be fairly simple to do. I would copy the results to a plot next to it (If you press Ctrl+the Legend of the curve you want you can drag and drop it to an empty plot next to it). In this paralell plot I would focus on the areas of interest.

If you are having difficulties with this let us know I can post some pics

Regards

Dennis 

Creator
Creator

Hi Dennis, 

Thank you for your quick response. Maybe I misunderstood what you mean, but I do not want to zoom in on the graph at the areas of interest, but use the points inside the squares. For example in this example: I want to use the datapoints inside these squares, to show the loadpoints of the spring which is loaded in this figure. At certain torques, the spring will rotate further, and I need to show this for the peaks of the vibration. But since the graph progresses further than the top value of the first peak. The datapoints will overlap, and the are of interest will be invisible.

I do hope this explains it well enough. If not, I will post a picture of it tomorrow of what I am trying to achieve.

Kind regards,

Tom Haenen

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Tom_Haenen,

yes this is possible using Post processing variables in Amesim.

Drag your variable into post processing and edit the expression with the restric/truncate functions:

For example:

restrict( torq1@fan,400,600)

will only keep the points of torque 1 between 400 and 600 seconds

amesim_post.jpg

Then you plot this post processing variable as you pot standard submodel variables by drag and dropping to the sketch or to an existing plot window.

Creator
Creator

Thank you Emmanuel, this was exactly what I was looking for!