Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Teamcenter Rich clients on one workstation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello together,

I would like to set up two Teamcenter Rich client installations on one workstation.

The background is the case that two OEMs are using different Teamcenter versions and we have two different Teamcenter servers running. I would now like to be able to access both servers from my pc. So I need one client per Teamcenter version right?

I installed two TC clients with different versions (11.6 & 11.4) in different folders on one Windows 7 64bit system.

After installation of the second client I changed his RAC folder location in the config.ini file (%tcroot%\portal\configuration), run the genregxml.bat utility (%tcroot%\portal\registry) and changed the properties "FCC_LogFile" and "FCC_CacheLocation" in the fcc.xml file.

After that I can run both clients at the same time and they connect to the different defined servers.

But I noticed that the version you can find at "Help -> About" is supposed to be the same on both clients even though they are installed in different folders. The displayed version is the version of the second installed client. In the same window we can see that they are connected to the different servers and we controlled that the two desktop links refer to the different portal.bat files in the different installation folders.

Is it possible to install two different Rich Clients on the same machine without getting any problems? They dont have to run at the same time. But the fact of the same displayed version indicates an additional common information location that was overwritten during the second installation. So maybe there are some more common information locations which can result into problems? Or didnt I do all nessessary steps?

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 2 Teamcenter Rich clients on one workstation

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, look at a similar topic, maybe this will help you:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/two-clients-on-same-...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your reply @ArthurRM.

I saw these posts before but sometimes I get an error messages after switching between the clients:

"No routing available for Enterprise: '-1864874619', volume/logvolume:'00f25c13b63590d84585'
Note: This usually occurs when there is a configuration issue where the main FMS configuration has not been updated with the correct volume / access ID (requires a restart of the FMS).
It can also display a multiple configuration for which information about the specified company does not exist."

I dont know when this happens. It seems like it will occur after a few changes between the clients.

And do you know anything about the problem with the wrong client version at "Help -> About"?

Highlighted

Legend
Legend

"No routing available for Enterprise: '-1864874619', volume/logvolume:'00f25c13b63590d84585'
Note: This usually occurs when there is a configuration issue where the main FMS configuration has not been updated with the correct volume / access ID (requires a restart of the FMS).
It can also display a multiple configuration for which information about the specified company does not exist."

the Rich Client starts a FileClient FCC in the background, which is connected to the FSC server of first system

when you exit the RAC, it will not exit the FCC automatically

when you now start the other RAC, it will reuse running FCC from the other RAC, but does not know about the second system

you need to stop the FCC client after closing the RAC from the first system, then it will start a new one

see there: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/Connect-to-another-T...

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, this method does not allow you to run two rich Teamcenter clients at the same time.

In the way described by you need to change the line:
if not defined FMS_HOME set FMS_HOME=value
on
set FMS_HOME=value

and add a line:
%FMS_HOME%\bin\fccstat -stop

You have to do this for each rich client of Teamcenter, note that each client should have its own value FMS_HOME

In the screenshot, this is highlighted in red:

otwportal1.png

>> And do you know anything about the problem with the wrong client version at "Help -> About"?

Please clarify your question what is wrong with the client version in the menu "Help -> About"