cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Users download same file from TC. One copy is corrupt, while other not.

Phenom
Phenom

As I mentioned in the subject, the same .sdpc file is downloaded from TC  (using right click Dataset -> Named References... -> Download) by 2 different Users.

Binary comparison of the 2 copies shows difference of few bytes and a they have differnt characters at the same location.

Could there be any user-dependent preference/setting/envt variable Or an FCC related setting that affects behaviour of binary data download ?

5 REPLIES

Re: 2 Users download same file from TC. One copy is corrupt, while other not.

Genius
Genius

Are they downloading from same FMS servers ?

Try purging FCC cache and FMS cache. Use below utilities:

fccstat -purge

fscadmin  ./purgecache

Regards

Naveengm

Phenom
Phenom
Thanks @naveengm for the response. As I see in doc, -purge will clear the cache, right ?
I just got an info that the server and client caches have been cleared and the problem still persists.

Phenom
Phenom

The custom tool created for this dataset contains a format name other than BINARY/ASCII.

Will this have impact on download ?

P.S.  As far as I understand, tool is used only while opening the dataset using double click. Also, I belive, if the format specified on tool is wrong, ALL download should fail (not just for specific users).

Pioneer
Pioneer
what type of file this one, is this office file ? pdf ? visio ? etc..the reason why I ask because sometimes the problem is on the users machine has the problem, like his office needs some office repair, etc.

Phenom
Phenom

The reason was found and it's not problem with User settings.

The problem was with "text_flag" for ImanFiles being wrongly set due to a bug in our SOA code.

text_flag=4096 is for ASCII Files and 8192 is for BINARY files.

In some cases the flag was set to 4096 though all the files are binary and the downloaded file is then corrupted.

Thanks @gon and @naveengm for your response.