Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4-tirer architecture

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello;

I'm learning about 4 tier architecture and I have studied docs, but I'm a little confused yet. If I want install tcserver an a separate machine and web application on another machine, on which one shall I install server manager?(I guess it must be installed on tcserver).  If I install a pool of tcservers, then I must install one server manager on each and a server pool manager? or just one server manager of entire pool?

How the webtier and enterprise tier communicate to each other?

(what parameters should be set to get it done?)I think I must set some variables during war file creation, but I'm not sure!!!

Thanks so much.

BR

8 REPLIES

Re: 4-tirer architecture

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, I liked the answer GaneshDasmale, look it https://www.quora.com/What-is-pool-manager-in-Teamcenter

The parameters for communicating Enterprise Tier and WebTier are set when installing WebTier https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.2.3/help#uid:xid1256814:index_server_winSmiley Tonguearatentpr...

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanks Arthur3,

I have installed TC foundation and server manager on a machine and installed Java EE webtier on another machine and deployed the war file in weblogic but I cannot connect the logically.

I read the documentations but I dont understand them well...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Make sure to match J2EE Pool Manager and J2EE WebTier (WebLogic) or .NET Server Manager w/.NET WebTier (IIS). The J2EE stack talk to each other using a TreeCache (limited JBoss version) the .NET stack talks via .NET.

WebLogic has some specific things that need to be set/configured to enable it.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help#uid:xid1256814:index_server_winSmiley Tonguearatentpres...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Randy;

I installed Tc foundation and server manager on a machine with below config:

Machine name: TCSrv

MUX:

port:8087

TECS:8084

communication configuration:

Pool ID: poolA

JMX RMI Port:8088

Assignment Service Port:8086

Server Manager TreeCache Configuration

Treecache Cluster Name:Cluster

TCP Mode

local service port:17800

Connection Timeout:15000

treeCache Peers:

Host: localhost

port:17810

and also installed Java EE webtier with below config:

TreeCache Cluster Name: Cluster

TreeCache Mode: TCP

TreeCache Cluster Port: 45566

Local Service Port: 17810

TreeCache Peers :TCSrv[17800]

but I receive the error "No server pool is registered in treeCache cluster..."

what is the isuue?

I really appreciate your help.

BR.

Solution Partner Phenom
The web tier (WebLogic) is not able to talk to Pool Manager (where the tcservers live). The treeCache Peers needs to have the web tier server listed (TcWebSvr[17800], instead of localhost). Similar to what was config'd for the web tier pointing to Pool Manager (TCSrv[17800]).

Basically, the client is talking to the web tier which routes to pool manager but doesn't receive a response.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks so much Randy.

my last question is :

if I want to have 2 or more tcservers in a pool shall I install one server manager on each tcserver? In that case what is Server Pool Manager?

BR

Highlighted

Solution Partner Phenom
The number of tcservers managed by Pool Manager (J2EE) are defined in E:\Siemens\Teamcenter\TcRoot11\pool_manager\confs\<your_cfg>\serverPool.properties:
PROCESS_MAX=30
PROCESS_WARM=1
PROCESS_TARGET=0700 3, 1700 2

In my development environment, I limit PROCESS_MAX to 30 (includes non-interactive processes), start 1 PROCESS_WARM and PROCESS_TARGET starts 3 tcservers at 0700 and reduces tcservers to 2 at 1700 (5pm). Naturally, these would be higher values for a Production environment.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help#uid:xid1256816:index_plm00102:id1683912:xi...

Pool Manager (J2EE) manages all tcservers in the Pool (poolA). Server Manager (.NET) manages all tcservers in the Pool. The name indicates which stack is being used (J2EE or .NET) but they perform the same task. The names are interchangeable in the documentation.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Randy Thanks

BR