Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

515245 - The number of active Author users exceeds the number of purchased licenses.

Hi Team,

above subjected error line is coming while installing teamcenter 10.1 for reference attached below two snaps,

one for install log and one for error occured on TC UI,

2016-12-15.pngerror.PNG

25 REPLIES

Re: 515245 - The number of active Author users exceeds the number of purchased licenses.

So we created the OS login name “infodba”, and installed through that OS login

Now, we are getting below issue while creating the user in teamcenternew error.PNG

Re: 515245 - The number of active Author users exceeds the number of purchased licenses.

Teamcenter has licensed users not concurrent users, so each active user must also have an active user license.

If you have 10 Teamcenter author licenses, then you can only have 10 active users at level author, for example.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply,
But we have purchased recently 50 license, and no active user still now, as I am the one who is setting up the license server and teamcenter server,
But I am getting this issue,
I have run the lmtool.exe on license server and checked there it is showing 0 license used out of 50.

I waiting for your reply on this,
Teamcenter server system and license server system are able to ping each other. But both are on cloud

This is strange. The Organization application shows only infodba user. That means there are no other users created yet.

If you say you have purchased 50 licenses - then are you pointing to correct license file? Out of those 50, how many are author licenses?

License assignment does not depend on how many licenses are currently being used. It depends on how many active users are defined in the system

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

If you have many consumer licenses, make sure to change the license level to consumer for the users that are supposed to only use that.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Hello Yogesh,

Thanks for your reply..
Yes I am pointing to correct license server and all 50 licenses are author licenses.
But I am doubtful on the internal connection between teamcenter server and license server as both of this on separate instances of Amazon cloud.
But through private IP able to ping each other.
Waiting for your comment on this.

Is it possible to install Teamcenter through infodba named OS login without even pointing to license server (in case if license server not accessible)?

I doubt that you are able to install Teamcenter without at least the Teamcenter Amin User license.

Can you run the following on the Teamcenter server to check the license server connection?

lmutil lmstat -c 28000@{license server name here} -i

No, you will not be able to install or start Teamcenter without a valid license.

If you are creating an authoring user in Teamcenter and you are sure that total number of author licenses in the license sheet being used by Teamcenter are more than total number of "active" users (as in users whose user status is active regardless if they are currently logged in or not) then you will have to talk to GTAC.

Ordinarily, Teamcenter should allow you to create an author/consumer user if total number of author/consumer licenses in the license sheet are more than total number of "active" author/consumer users.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

You should review the FlexLM log to look for infodba "Author" license being requested. If you don't see an entry in the log then Teamcenter is not able to talk to the license server. You'll need to resolve that before you can continue.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2