Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for Push Notification

Creator
Creator

Hello,

is there any PUSH notification API in Teamcenter? For example I want to be informed if I get a new task to perform?
Or is pulling in an defined interval the only option?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: API for Push Notification

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

in teamcenter we have couple way to get a notification:

for workflow you can configure send notification letter via e-mail

for any event in teamcenter (such as create a new revision, changed and so on) you should configure subscription mechanism

if you want to develop custom feature, ok, what do you want to use, AWC or RAC?

All the best, Alexey.

Creator
Creator

Hi Alexey,

I want to build a desktop notifiction tool. That the user gets a MS Windows Notification if he get a new task assigend.
And this should work without having started RAC or AW. Just a simple MS Windows tool connected to TC.

Another idea is to send notification from Teamcenter to Slack.

Best Regards,

Manuel

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Great Idea!
So I will try to support you!
All the best, Alexey.

Creator
Creator
Sounds good!
I could use the SOA API to poll for updates on task list of an user but this will create a lot of uneccessary traffic.
Maybe its possible to do a customization that the step where the email is send. t

The customization would push a short message to a central notification server (I can develop such a server). An the user will conenct to the notifcation server by using websockt.

Best regards,
Manuel

PS: My TC history is not that long but Siemens would create a huge value if they would offer a modern HTTP REST API and WebSocket. This would allow to implment custom mobile apps and web applications using TC as central and prooven data store and process engine
Highlighted

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I guess you folks don't have email and get the email notification? Or is your use-case different?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4