Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APIs to access BOM data on release

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all,

I am planning to integrate Teamcenter with one of our custom tools. It requires a way to access the BOM data from Teamcenter through APIs especially when a release occurs(trigger). Is there a way to enable this in Teamcenter or please suggest any other method on how should I go about doing this.

5 REPLIES

Re: APIs to access BOM data on release

Legend
Legend

Ganesh_IZ wrote:

Hi all,

I am planning to integrate Teamcenter with one of our custom tools. It requires a way to access the BOM data from Teamcenter through APIs especially when a release occurs(trigger). Is there a way to enable this in Teamcenter or please suggest any other method on how should I go about doing this.

I think yoou need to write your custom action-handler for WF process.The handler can send some data(became a trigger) to your 3d party tool or system.

-Create you custom action handler with ITK

-Add your custom handler in Complete section in WF designer

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the suggestion. I would check on how to setup the trigger.

How do you suggest I go about exporting the data. Are there exposable REST APIs from Teamcenter?

Please suggest a medium of data exchange.

Legend
Legend

Lets define main criteries and input/output data for your task.

As I understand the behavior of custom routine (that you need) would be like this:

Once some ItemRevision become released the handler from TC-side send some data to your tool and then this tool

establish connection with TC and get some BOM data for example?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Exactly. 

The event can be triggered on a release at which point I would want to export that particular bom data.

My doubt is how do establish the connection to TC and get the data and activites around it.

It would be helpful if you can direct me to where I can learn about programatically extracting (pushing/pulling) BOM data from Teamcenter. I would be interested in a few fields from BOM.

Legend
Legend

Ganesh_IZ wrote:

Exactly. 

The event can be triggered on a release at which point I would want to export that particular bom data.

My doubt is how do establish the connection to TC and get the data and activites around it.

It would be helpful if you can direct me to where I can learn about programatically extracting (pushing/pulling) BOM data from Teamcenter. I would be interested in a few fields from BOM.

You can found some helpful information in standart TC documentation - server customozation programmers guide, client_customization_guide etc.

For writing custom handler you 'll need first server_customization experience (ITK - teamcenter Integration Toolkit).

ITK guide also contains sample for BOM extracting.