Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Manager Blues

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all,

I've encountered a strange issue with access in teamcenter. Under normal circumstances, if I create an Item/Revision with a specific owning group, all other users in that owning group are able to revise it. We're using default rapid start groups, so the main one we use is Engineering.RapidStart. 

We uplaoded our BOM data to Teamcenter recently using CSV2TCXML. All of those objects have my user as owner, and Engineering.RapidStart as the owning group, the same as if I created them manually throught the rich client. The problem is that the rest of the Engineering.RapidStart group can't revise the uploaded data.

Now here's where it gets weird. If I change ownership from my user to any other user in the Engineering.Rapidstart group via the rich client, all members of the group can now revise the data.

Any ideas? I have about 38,000 items, each with one revision. I can chunk them out and change ownership in the rich client if I must, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. 

Thanks,

Aaron

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Access Manager Blues

Phenom
Phenom

Whats the error message another user sees when they try to revise and can't? it may hold a clue.  Then, it might be possible to add small change to Access Manager granting all users access.

Rich

Richard Bennett
Prospect PLM

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@PXHUNTER - is everything owned by the Engineering.RapidStart group and not just the BOM? Verify ownership of the Item & Item Rev too. That can block change on the BOM. The User is that owns this BOM is in the Engineering.RapidStart group as well? 

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA

Pioneer
Pioneer

It looks like it was the BOM's. They ended up under the dba group by mistake.

I can use a query to collect all the BOM views and BOM view revisions affected. Is there a way to change ownership for the entire contents of a folder? Perhaps something similar to the release_man utility?

-Aaron

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I don't think there is a way to do it with a utility but if there is one, that would be great to know. You could create a workflow and use the EPM-change-ownership to do it. 

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.5/help/#uid:EPM-change-ownership

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA
Highlighted

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dang. That's probably how I'll do it. Thanks for your help!

-Aaron