Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Access on objects which are in-process

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello All,

I have a requirement where we need to revoke access on in-process objects. It shall only be modifiable only to workflow participant, rest everyone shall not have write access on the objects.

I know we can create a workflow ACL where we give access only to workflow participant and everyone we revoke write access.

But as i have around 30-40 which i will have to modify. I was figuring if we have any configuration apart from workflow ACL we can achieve this without modifying workflows.

Thanks,

Jayant

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Access on objects which are in-process

Phenom
Phenom

I dont understand why you cant modify the workflow acl.  You say you have 30-40, is that workflows?  Usually you would have a few different acls that are used, modify 1 acl and it will apply to all the worklfows it is used.

Richard

Richard Bennett
Prospect PLM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I suppose you could modify the AM Rule Tree branch for 'In Job" to add those restrictions globally. I've never tried it, but it appears that you can.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Siemens Creator

I have tried that larry.. but it didn't work out.

Siemens Creator
Yes Richard 30 - 40 I meant with the workflows. Modifying and adding same ACL in all of them is one option. But I was figuring out if somehow any configuration provided OOTB.

Phenom
Phenom

I have also suggested on another post about modifying the in Job ACL.  It will work, the reason it isnt working is because you have applied an ACL in the worklfow and this takes precedent.

Richard Bennett
Prospect PLM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

"the reason it isnt working is because you have applied an ACL in the worklfow and this takes precedent."

YES! This is why.   

If you're stuck with a single common WF ACL in your WFs, you can modify the contents of that one WF ACL without having to the modify all the WFs. Just simply modify it once to your liking. It'll then work on your WFs without having to modify them.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,