Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Workspace 4.1 for BOMs and Product Structures

Gears Genius Gears Genius
Gears Genius

Hi guys,

I have looked all over to find a solution (thinking I have configured something wrong), but I can't solve.

My AWC 4.1 will not display a BOM or its structure. I have tried this on a few assemblies but all have the same issue.

I can see all the properties of the Item level, pic #1, but the page is blank, pic #2 of the ItemRevision level.

This ONLY happens with assemblies (or BOM), ItemRevisons of standalone Items display correctly. And it only

happens in AWC. All is normal in the Rich Client.

Any Ideas?

TonyC

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Active Workspace 4.1 for BOMs and Product Structures

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Have you installed the "Active Content Structure" feature?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Gears Genius

Hi Randy,

Yes for both the client and the server.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Unfortunately, Siemens released AWC 4.1 but hasn't posted the Help documentation yet. Here's a link to AWC 4.0:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/aw/4.0/aw_html_collection#uid:xid1337770:index_xid13377...

I'm not sure what is going on with the Item Revision. Is the default Item Revision type blocked/hidden? Can you try it with a different Group/Role? AWC is context sensitive so you won't see structure until you can get to the structure object and select the "Content" tab.

There is a note in Help about searching for non-indexed structures … requires a "Context Management User" license. As a reminder, visualizing structures requires the installed "Visualization Data Server" and by running "runTcFTSIndexer -task=objdata:structure".

Look at "bomindex_admin -function=create" first then "runTcFTSIndexer -task=structure:sync".
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/aw/4.0/aw_html_collection#uid:xid1284832:index_Configur...
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/aw/4.0/aw_html_collection#uid:xid1284832:index_Configur...
Reading the docs you may have to create a structure for each top-level assembly? Maybe someone will clarify for us?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Gears Genius

Randy,

All seems to be fine as per your suggestions. the install is puerly OOTB so there is no hiddern stuff. The only thing would be the Rapid Start template, maybe?

I have an IR open now with GTAC, and they can't seem to replicate the problem, and at their end all works as required.

I will work with the Siemens guys to get to the bottom and post results.

Cheers

TC

Gears Genius
Thanks Randy for all the tips.... unfortunately it is still broken.
I have an active IR now with GTAC and have done a shared session with them to show the issue.
Will come back with the solution when it gets resolved.

Cheers

TonyC

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi TonyC,

did you resolve the issue?

If not, you could check in the XRTEditor, what Stylesheet is used.

Regards,

PMO

Gears Genius

Hi PMO,

I closed the ticket with GTAC as I have changed employers and no longer have access to the said test environment. I guess that my JBOSS configuration was the issue. :)