Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Active Workspace (AWC) 4.1 default view

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

If somebody can help me i'll be happy:-)

Is there a way (customize) to open the main AWC (homepage) with lables as default.

now, if our users want to see the lables under the buttons' they need to click:settings-> labels.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

zvika

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Active Workspace (AWC) 4.1 default view

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We are just looking at Active workspace and it would seem a glaring oversight that firstly the Labels are not on by default, and secondly turning them on does not stick. To the average user the icons mean nothing, and every time I log in my first action is to turn them on.

Please can this be fixed, prefereably before we have to roll this out to 1500 users, who will also moan.

Martyn, Principal CAE Engineer, Renishaw PLC
NX12 Tc12

Legend
Legend

Hi,

If you create an Enhancement Request, please give the number here, I'll gladly join.

Best regards,

Frédéric.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
ER 9118853

thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email and any attachments are confidential and are for the use of the
addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you must not use or disclose the
contents to any other person. Please immediately notify the sender and
delete the email. Statements and opinions expressed here may not
represent those of the company. Email correspondence is monitored by
the company. This information may be subject to export control
regulation. You are obliged to comply with such regulations.
Our data privacy notice sets out how any personal data that we collect about you will be handled.

Renishaw plc (company number 1106260), Renishaw UK Sales Limited (company number 1418812) and Wotton Travel Limited (company
number 01973158) are companies registered in England and Wales with a registered office
at New Mills, Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, GL12 8JR,
United Kingdom, Telephone +44 1453 524524.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martyn, Principal CAE Engineer, Renishaw PLC
NX12 Tc12

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

I heard in PLM World last year that someone had customized AWC to always have labels on. but it has to be programmed. Not configurable OOTB right now.

I have a PR for the same issue and its supposedly fixed in AWC 4.2 that after "refreshing" you will not lose the labels. Not sure if there will be a preference to turn it on by default