Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Workspace ColumnConfig/Stylesheet issues

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

Did anyone experienced following ColumnConfig/Stylesheet issues in Active Workspace 3.4 (with TC 11.4)?

1. We often face issue in Navigate Column Configuration for different users. (Awp0ObjectNavigation). Screen displays blank all of a sudden when we navigate. Only solution is to clean out all User Preference for that particular user.

2. Stylsheets get reset to older version after every BMIDE deployment. I know it sounds wierd but it happens whenever I do template deployment. Plus TCQuery gets reset to older version. Some of the preferences gets reset too.

3. Does SORT work on Runtime property in any ColumnConfig? For example, in Search Results, we have configured many columns. And when we try to do SORT by Runtime property (ItemID of ItemRevision object), SORT fails. Also SORT By option specified in ColumnConfig file does not work.

I thought of checking with PLM community before raising GTAC ticket.

Thanks,
Anbu

Teamcenter Architect & PLM/CAD Administrator,
Teamcenter 11.4 | Active Workspace 3.4 | NX 12
4 REPLIES

Re: Active Workspace ColumnConfig/Stylesheet issues

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Anbu,

I can answer your second question. We also obeserved that when we do template\patch deployment it overwrites our  custom stylesheets, I beleive there is no way to avoid it. The solution to this is the import the custom stylesheets post deployment again.

Br,

Rupesh

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@rupeshs

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for confirming that bug. Are you aware of any open IR/ER for this issue? I will raise one anyway.

It is hard for us to import all custom stylesheets everytime after BMIDE deployment.

Also, its not only Stylesheets, I observed for TC Query as well. It is strange that it is resetting to older version of Stylesheet XML.

Thanks,
Anbu

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Not sure if there IR\ER for it. Raise it with siemens and see what they suggest.

If you know the stylesheet that get changed, backup only those and re-import.

Br,

Rupesh

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@rupeshs

I realized that Siemens did initial BMIDE project creation with INSTALL directory. In that directory, they have included pl scripts to deploy Queries, Stylesheets, etc as a POST Process after template deployment. Hence everytime I do template deployment, Queries, Stylesheets, etc are keep getting updated with older values (bcoz stylesheets xml files in install directory are older one obviously).

So, we need to remove/comment those execution lines from "install_yourprojectname.default" file which is present under INSTALL directory of BMIDE project.

Hope that is the problem with yours too.

Thanks,
Anbu