cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Workspace Questions

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, I would like to know the product capability about the active workspace. 

①In the Active workspace(AWS), Can you create some structure (such as Assembly)?

②Can you create Items in the aws?

③Can you add the part/Assy to the structure?

④Can you iniciate the workflow on AWS?

⑤ACL and preference setting in rich client Teamcenter can be automatically inherited to AWS?

Or Do you have to manually set the preference and ACL for the AWS?

Is there any negative point for AWS?

Actually I am new to the AWS. How can I understand what AWS can do and cannnot do? 

I would like to know the product capability of AWS.

5 REPLIES

Re: Active Workspace Questions

Hi,

Tried to answer the questions i know.. Smiley Happy 

②Can you create Items in the aws?

Yes, You can create items/datasets in AWS

④Can you iniciate the workflow on AWS?

Yes, Its possible to initiate the workflow ( If there is any client customization as part of workflow process, that need to be handled seperately)

⑤ACL and preference setting in rich client Teamcenter can be automatically inherited to AWS?

Or Do you have to manually set the preference and ACL for the AWS?

AWS connects to same server , doesnt have its own corporate server. Hence, changes to preferences and ACL will be refelected here ( There might be some AWS specific preferences for appearance, search capability - again these preferences will be configured in the server and reflected in AWC client )

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Most of your queries were answered by Rajesh, for the remaining ones, yes, you can create/ Manage structures in AWC.

Swapnil Gawas
Testing, Teamcenter 11.2.x | Active Workspace 3.x

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much. 

I can understand it.

In my AWS, I cannot initiate one item revision. (Actually I can initiate only BOM.)

Also, the validations for WF initiate made in TC client can be inherited to AWS as well?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much. 

I really appreciate it. 

Another questions is :

In my AWS, I cannot initiate one item revision. (Actually I can initiate only BOM.)

Also, the validations for WF initiate made in TC client can be inherited to AWS as well?

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi,

Initiating workflow from RAC and AW is the same. Validations are the same too meaning whatever validiations you have will be executed as normal and you get error messages or warnings as usual.

I don't understand what you mean with initiat item revision. Do you mean revise?

When you create something in AW it will show you the revision. You can revise the as usual in AW.

Hope that helps a bit