Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Workspace WAR file issues

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I'm trying to install AWS 2.3.7 on Teamcenter 9.1. I'm at the stage where the installation needs to build the WAR file from the internet, problem is, i keep getting errors.

My company uses a proxy, and even though I defined in on maven settings file, i'm still getting errors. The current error I receive is:

java.net.UnknownHostException: github.com

Any idea how to solve this?

8 REPLIES

Re: Active Workspace WAR file issues

Creator
Creator
Hi Omer,

Do you get the same issue if you specify the ip of github instead of the url?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Aron,

Thanks for the reply.

At no stage i'm entering a URL nor IP Address. I just follow the TEM installation as specified in the Active Workspace Deployment Guide and i get this error while TEM tries to build the awc.war file:

Error creating WAR file: Active Workspace client application deployment file creation has failed! Command 'C:\Siemens\Teamcenter9\aws2\stage\gwtcompile.cmd' has returned with status: '1'.

After I inspect the log file, I saw the java error i posted on my first post.

Creator
Creator
Hi Omar,

I´m not familar with the jboss client as I´m on .net. However, before I decided to go with the .net client, I did have a look at the jboss.

Silly question, have you defined your maven home path in system variables?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Yes, i did define the home path in the system vars, I even defined the proxy settings in maven's settings xml file.

Creator
Creator
Ok, so it´s not that then. Stumbled upon something similar on GTAC, but the problem described was different from yours.

I found this aswell, not sure if it might be of any help to you.

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/newsletter/troubleshoot-awc-war-file-...

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks for this, But I already found it before posting here - tried all 4 solutions with nothing helping...

Creator
Creator

Hi Omar, 

I see..

then I have no clue, unfortunatly Smiley Sad sorry I couldn´t be of help. Maybe someone else has solution?

Experimenter
Experimenter

It is related to internet access only. diss connect you LAN or Wifi . Use dongle or some other internet . It will work.