Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Active Workspace - internal error

[ Edited ]

Hi!

After installion I can not login to Active Workspace .NET client.  I use Teamcenter 11.2.3 and Active Workspace 3.2.1. I followed the Deployment guide.

The error message in the web browser: "You were not signed in because of an internal error."

The Teamcenter 4-tier environment works well.

My configuration:

Host A:

TC foundation + FMS + .Net Based Server manager

Active Workspace Server Extension:

Active Workspace

Active content structure

Workflow

NX for Active Workspace

Indexing server:

Active Workspace indexing engine

Active Workspace indexer

Host B:

Web tier for .NET

Active Workspace client:

Active Workspace client (.NET)

Workflow

Active content

NX integration

I attached the installion log file. Any idea would be useful.

Thank you for your time!

8 REPLIES

Re: Active Workspace - internal error

Is your Web Tier instance named different than the OOTB 'tc' (e.g. https://hostnameSmiley Tongueort/tc)? If so, that is the problem. 

I had a similar issue with a similar setup involving .NET Web Tier.  Turns out that that I had renamed our web tier name from 'tc' to 'tcprod' which works fine for everything else except Active Workspace with .NET. I submitted an IR on it which was converted to a PR.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

I didn't rename the webtier. To tell you the truth I set the default parameters where I could...

I have tried a new installion, but it ended with the same error.

Maybe the problem with my series installion method:

1.) Install the Active Workspace patch on the corporate server

2.) Install Server Extensions features: Only Active Workspace is selected. I give the indexing engine parameters, although it doesn't exist yet.

3.) Install database triggers in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (sitecons_install_tables_and_triggers_mssql.sql)

4.) Install the Active Workspace patch on the existing .NET Webtier host

5.) Build and deploy the .NET Client web application: Only Active Workspace Client (.NET) is selected again. Prerequisite Check has got a warning for the RAM. New Web Site and new Application Pool (with defaults)

6.) Log on verifacition: Internal error... (with all user account)

Did I miss something?

Ohh I've got it!

I leave the port number from 4-tier URL (http://HostB/tc) and everything works like a charm.

Maybe I do something wrong with my web server configuration... I usually have to leave the port number when I configure the 4-tier rich clients.

You can use a custom port without impacting it. In fact, it is recommended for performance that you change the default web port from 80 or 8080 to something else.  It's likely that your assigned ports were just not matching up between the various portions of the Tc and AWC installs.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Extract the awc.war file and check the 4tier url and bootstrap url.

Thanks

Yogesh

Hi,

Do you by anychance have Installation of AWC document step by step, which you implemented on .Net Web application server?

Thanks,

Rafa

Why not use the Deployment Server to install Active Workspace? It takes care of all the issues for you.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thanks Randy!

I assume the awc deployment guide was pointing towards J2EE, Just want to check whether I should do something different for .Net web server.