So what I need to do? 

Best Regard

Teamcenter 11.4,Active Workspace 3.4
Solid Edge ST10
10 REPLIES

Re: Add new default folder in Tc

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, you can create new folders in TC by selecting home -> File->New-Floder or Ctrl+F and also Folders may be accessed by all users within the same Teamcenter database.

To find a folder, go by General search.

Click on the drop-down list next to the "Select A Search" button and choose the "General" option.

Then click the Clear button once to remove any default entries. Type the name of the folder you are Searching for in the Name field and press Enter. You can use wildcards such as an asterisk (*) if you are not sure of the full name or you may still filter the search by providing the Type: Folder and owning user: (user name) or Owning Group: (group name) information.

Once you have found the folder, you may also copy and paste it to your Home folder if you plan to reference the folder and contents often by copy/paste options.

Hope this above information helps.

Regards,

-Kiran

Phenom
Phenom

good afternoon

Any Teamcenter user can have read access to the folders of another user, with the exception of some folders that only see the DBA.
Using this method, you can also copy any folder from the work area of another user, to your work area

org1.png

org2.png

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
No you cannot create a "default" folder that is automatically added when you create a new user. But as a DBA, after creating the User, you can search for the users "Home" folder and paste the company-wide folder into their Home. I do this commonly for our companies "Standards" folder where we maintain process and regulatory documents.

Follow @ArthurRM's instructions since he has shown an easier way leveraging the Link (Organization) instead of a separate Search using type "Folder" and Name "Home".

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Genius
Genius

Hello all

Thank's for all respond.

I got it.

But I have a question.

If I need to share  lots of document for all user or many groups.

Any fast way to create?

Or I just need one by one to create?

Best Regard

Solid Edge ST10

Experimenter
Experimenter

if you want to avoid folder creation to one by one user, the fastest way is using type "Folder" and Name "Home" as explained earlier.

Once the new folders in TC is created by selecting home -> File->New-Floder or Ctrl+F and these Folders may be accessed by all users within the same Teamcenter database.

To find a folder, you may have to advice or suggest users to go by General search, using type "Folder" and Name "Home".

Click on the drop-down list next to the "Select A Search" button and choose the "General" option.

If any one is aware of alternate fastest way, please do suggest.

Regards,

-Kiran

Legend
Legend

Create needed folder and send TC mail to users, then they have to copy/past it to their home

Phenom
Phenom

I think alex_c supplemented our answers with a very good and simple solution

Genius
Genius

Hello All

Thank's for respond.

I know use mail and search to do that.

But I think maybe will better way than mail.

And it seens like is the best way for my second question.

Thank all.

Best Regard

Solid Edge ST10

Phenom
Phenom

I have a folder which contains all the users Home folders (sub divided into groups).  I can then copy and paste to multiple Home folders at once.

Richard

www.prospectplm.co.uk

Home Folder.JPG

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk