Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a large amount of LOVs in Teamcenter

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am in situation where I need to add a large amount of LOVs in Teamcenter, because of a property whose values follow a tree structure, i.e. I need to create a LOV of LOVs of LOVs, and so on.

I know about the bmide_manage_batch_lovs utility which, starting from an xml file, allows to fill a LOV with values and link these values to other LOVs to obtain the needed structure, but I did not find anything that allows to create LOVs from a file (file that could then easily be automatically generated).

Is there an easy way to create a large amount of LOVs, without adding them manually one by one in bmide? 

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES

Re: Adding a large amount of LOVs in Teamcenter

Legend
Legend

If I were you, I would create the LOV structure by adding just one value at each level.  Then I would save the data model and manually edit the extension file and reload the data model.

And to create the correct syntax I would probaly build the string in excel using the concatanate function.

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
Prospect PLM Ltd

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I'm not aware of a command line utility for creating LOV's. LOV's, even batch, have to be created in BIMDE first and the template deployed. The values can be adjusted via command line after the LOV's are available (batch).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Thank you for your answers.

Finally, after asking tac, the best solution is to use import a template file in Bmide, using the syntax example situated in %TC_ROOT%\sample\document_management\docmgt_samples.xml.

LOVs and their values can be imported directly from the xml file, as well as the link between LOVs.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

If TC version is 10.1 and above, you can use dynamic LOV's too. Please read below link :

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Blog/How-to-Perform-List-of-Value-LOV-Upd...

Br,

Rupesh