Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding watermark to PDFs

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to succeed in adding a watermark to a PDF. I tried using the following instructions :

o In TC RAC create a DM Template  

o Attach a text dataset type which has an named reference (Named reference define 
   definition of watermark for sample one can refer to   "TC_ROOT\sample\document_management\importdmtemplated\DMTemplates\PDFCtlCmdStampInfo.xml" 
 extracted from "sample" feature) 

o Released Document management Revision and Text dataset through TCM released 
   process 

o Create a System Stamp configuration in BMIDE 
           --- Define Object type for which watermark has to be enable
           --- Set condition as per requirement
           ---- Select the "PDF_Control" against "Applies to" filed
           --- Define PDF Control MDS template (Documents Management template created and released in above steps)
           --- Define a watermark text 

o Save the template and deploy 

o Login to TC RAC as DBA privilege user and grant PDF access control (By default it is set)
          --- The icons and descriptions for the three AM privileges (Void Digital Signature, 
   Manage Variability, and PDF Control) were added to the          documentation.  Note 
   that PDF Control was added at Teamcenter 11.2.1; therefore this will not appear in the 
   Teamcenter 10 branch of the documentation. 

o Open the workflow designer and create a simple workflow template as Start - Do task  
    - Finish. And a handler "DOCMGTAPP-apply-pdf-control" on Do Task start action.

Note this handler does not required any argument to pass.

o Now create a Item revision and attach a PDF dataset to it. And submit it to workflow.

When lauching the workflow, I have the error message : The given string is invalid. (See in the attachments)

First of all, does the steps I followed are the right way to create watermarks on existing PDFs ?

Secondly, where does the issue in the workflow could come from ?

(I also attached the System Stamp Configuration made in the BMIDE)

Thank you in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Sènan

4 REPLIES

Re: Adding watermark to PDFs

Genius
Genius

I havent implemented this, but I have seen watermarking done on printing.  Your screenshots of BMIDE look ok to me - but I could be wrong.

What does the syslog report?

Regards,

Richard

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
Prospect PLM Ltd

Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi prospect PLM, 

I found out what was the problem, I modified my TCM released template by changing the the named reference and it seems that doing made it unusable.

I create a new DMT from scratch and it worked. Thank you for your help though.

Still I have one more question, how can I do to make the properties of the document to appear on the watermark ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Sènan

Genius
Genius

On the Stamp Information tab add your property.  In the prefix field put whatever you want as your seperator e.g / or | or ~.

Regards,

Richard

www.prospectplm.co.uk

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
Prospect PLM Ltd

Solution Partner Pioneer

I tried specifying what you'll find in the attachments but nothing appeared on my watermark