Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Applying patch from TC 11.2 TO TC 11.2.1 fails:not able to set foundation template

When applying patch TC 11.2.1 to TC 11.2 or directly installing TC 11.2.1 , it fails at processing bmide_processtemplates.bat   and is not able to set foundation template..

bmide_processtemplates.bat -u=infodba -p=***** -g=dba -mode=server -dir=D:\Siemens_TC\tcdata\model -templates=foundation
Error: Could not find or load main class Files 

An error occurred during execution. Stack trace follows...
com.teamcenter.install.tceng.base.DatabaseSteps.setupFoundationTemplate(DatabaseSteps.java:776)
com.teamcenter.install.tceng.base.DatabaseSteps.install(DatabaseSteps.java:182)

I earlier assumed it could be Oracle database version issue.So I changed my Oracle version 11g from 11.2.0.1 to  12c i.e 12.1.0.2 .This did not seem to work.

What can be the possible cause of the error?

Please find attached log file for details

9 REPLIES

Re: Applying patch from TC 11.2 TO TC 11.2.1 fails:not able to set foundation template

Hello Anjali,

Can you share the syslog (if any) for this failure?

Few things to check (probably you have already taken care of them)

[1] Set the java_home, jre_home, jre64_home correctly and included them as first entry in the PATH variable of your machine?

[2] Compatible jre version

[3] the kit package is unzipped with any errors (I prefer 7-zip to uncompress the kit directories and kit install directories)

Probably there will be more to check for me once you share the syslog.

Best Regards

Harish

Re: Applying patch from TC 11.2 TO TC 11.2.1 fails:not able to set foundation template

From the error: Could not find or load main class Files

I feel there is some issue with the jre version. From the log it is pointing to jre1.7.0_17.

But supported JRE version for v11.2 is v1.7_45 or above. May be you can give a try with JRE1.7_45 or above.

Thanks

Phani

[ Edited ]

Another possibility...

You are actually installing Tc11.2.1_patch_1. With the patch you have to provide the base Tc11.2.0. One thing I noticed is that the base still has the 1_of_2 at the end. Hopefully, you combined 1_of_2 and 2_of_2 before the installation? Otherwise, TC_DATA will be missing required files in the model directory.

Install Log ExcerptInstall Log Excerpt

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hi Harish , All the three criterias are taken care of.PFA the log file. I still get this issue. Thanks & Regards, Anjali

Hi Phani, I missed to observe it.Teamcenter was not picking right version of jre.But even after fixing it , I get the same issue. PFA the new log file. Thanks & Regards, Anjali Singh

Hi Randy Ellsworth, This was already taken care of. Thanks & Regards, Anjali

[ Edited ]

Hi,

did you launch tem.bat directly from win64 directory of the extracted Patch-installation-media ? (It seems so from the "Current Directory" entry in log)

If yes, that is not a recommended step. please follow below steps for Patch installation.

1. Copy Tc11.2.1_Patch_1_install.zip to this path in your base installation: %TC_ROOT%\install

2. Open cmd and execute below command at directory %TC_ROOT%\install

%TC_ROOT%\install > unzip -o Tc11.2.1_Patch_1_install.zip

Note: After this step you will notice that the last modified date of tem.bat changes.

3. Now launch the updated tem.bat from %TC_ROOT%\install and select "Updates Manager" in dialog.

4. After you click Next, you need to provide path to winx64 folder in extracted media of Tc11.2.1_patch_1_wintx64.zip as "Update Kit Location"

Hi,

Two ways has been tried to install TC 11.2.1.

First is what you are talking about.TC 11.2 installation went successfully.Above that patch installation 11.2.1 fails ,following the steps you have already mentioned.

Second is direct installation of TC 11.2.1.The log file generated is from this method.launching tem for direct installation of TC 11.2.1 will ask for base location path, where the base location path of TC 11.2.0 is provided.

Following any of the two ways , leads to same issue and TC 11.2.1 patch or direct TC 11.2.1 installation fails with same error.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

grant Connect, Create table, Create procedure, Create view, create sequence, Select_catalog_role, alter session to infodba identified by infodba;

There is an additional oracle templates to be applied for all patches after 11.2, grant infodba with the above rights should fix the issue