Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign licenses to users

Creator
Creator

I know with Teamcenter 10 that Siemens is now "officially" named user licensing.

We have a site with say 10 author licenses that are assigned to 10 active users. It is May 15th, and one user has left the company. We want to make that user inactive, so we can create a new active user. Doesn't work...

Siemens states that because the original user accessed Teamcenter on May 14th, that license is locked to that user until the end of the month, even thought the user has been changed to inactive.

I have had this conversation with Siemens a few times, and it seems crazy that you cannot free up a license for this scenario.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue, or do you literally have to wait until the beginning of the next month to utilize a license in this scenario?

Appreciate any input...

Ed

6 REPLIES

Re: Assign licenses to users

Experimenter
Experimenter

That's as per Siemens' license terms and conditions.

So, even if there maybe workarounds, using those work arounds to get around this issue would be a violation of their licensing terms and conditions.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I always ensure we have some small percentage of additional TC licenses above our current user count for these types of problems.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Creator
Creator

so... if a user leaves the company on May 2nd, and becomes inactive, meaning that license is no longer used by that user, waiting for this to be capable of being used by another user for one month is a violation of a policy?

Honestly doesn't seem right to me.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Unfortunate, but yes that's what licensing agreement says!

Highlighted

Creator
Creator

I would be very interested in seeing where it says that in the license agreement. I have found where it states that for optional modules, but i cannot locate for a direct Teamcenter author license.

Seems somewhat unethical

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

We have one license on stock for these situations.

It is not ideal, but since Teamcenter is paid only by user licenses :smileyfrustrated:

From my point of view any Teamcenter license is optional, since you can use Teamcenter as PDM system, if only NX users are accessing it, where the NX bundles contain TC-Designer licenses for this purpose.

If you add optional TC-Customer or TC-Author licenses, the TC-Designer will get invalid.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong ;)
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide