Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async Workflows sends Mail: Workflow background processing error in job "....."

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello Experts,

When a Workflow that was configured to run in Background is started on an Object then the following error messge appears in the Mail Notifications:

Workflow background processing error in job "....."

The current logged-in user does not have the necessary privileges to carry out the requested action.
The current logged-in user does not have the necessary privileges to carry out the requested action.

Often the users Outlook is spammed with 100's of such Mails.

This works just fine if the same Workflow is configured to run in Foreground.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I am trying to debug this since two weeks and still unable to find out the Root cause.

Regards,

Arun

2 REPLIES

Re: Async Workflows sends Mail: Workflow background processing error in job "....."

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Who is the logged in user for workflow background processing (Dispatcher)? By default it is "dcproxy".

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: Async Workflows sends Mail: Workflow background processing error in job "....."

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Randy

In fact that's not my thread, but since I do have exactly the same problem, i'll try to pick up that one.

Our dispatcher modules run on several machines - each having the "async" module active.

Services run for user dcproxy.

Currently I'm working on a new release process. Still testing. 1000s of background processing error emails when trying to run a workflow that traverses our assembly structure and works on each component in its separete backgrounded sub-process. They even contain messages mentioning properties I surely do not use !??

NO email address is set for dcproxy - I fear these messages are sent to the workflow initiator/task responsible. Is that correct?

As long a the workflow ends and does its' thing I wouldn't mind - but this huge amount of messages (one for each task handler in the subprocess - multiplied by "errors that happen" in that handler - multiplied by number of components) is not what I really want - our users would be confused by these messages.

Can I in some way configure the async service to NOT send such error messages? And if, how?