Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Logs for Structure Manager Replace

Phenom
Phenom

Looking at structure audit logs, we don't have a log for when a revision is replaced with a different revision:

audit.jpg

If I was to remove the revision 00, and then add the revision 0, then we would get 2 audit logs:

audit2.JPG

I have:

• activated the Audit Definition PSBOMViewRevision:___Modify:isTrue
  • added a new Audit Definition BOMView Revision:___Modify:isTrue and have set the same Primary Audit Properties as the other definitions, and enabled Track Old Values

But this hasn't worked.  Does anyone know how to get an Audit Log for when you use the replace command in Structure Manager?

Thanks,

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Audit Logs for Structure Manager Replace

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi @ProspectPLM ,

I never worked in Audit Manager. could you please tell steps to enable the structure logs or structure audits ?

Thanks!

Amol

Phenom
Phenom

Thats too big a question to be answered here!  

I suggest you read the Audit Manager guide to start with.  If you already have it enabled and you want to add more logging, then you need to look at the Audit Manager section of the Extensions in BMIDE.

From the guide:

Audit logs are created based on the information specified in the audit definition objects. Audit
definition objects define what information to capture about a particular object when an event occurs.
If you want to capture audit logs for events that are not available for logging, you can create new
events.
After you create new events, you must assign the event to an object.

An event is an action that occurs to an object in Teamcenter, for example, when an item is checked
out. Teamcenter records audit logs when certain events occur on certain types of objects.

While an event is an action that occurs to an object in Teamcenter, event mapping is connecting an
event to a business object type. In other words, the event mapping declares that you want to receive
an audit log for a certain event on a certain kind of object.

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Solution Partner Legend

Thanks a lot for your reply. I went through documentation meanwhile and I tried to create Audit Definition for primary object as BVR on event __Component_Add. But it shows error "The definition cannot be created as a definition for same combination already exists". 

May be you could answer my queries:

1. As the definition already exists, is it already in my teamcenter environment available or it must be still deployed ?

2. How do I see the Audit Definition objects that are already present ?

thanks in advance.

Phenom
Phenom

Capture.JPG

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Solution Partner Legend
Thanks Richard.