Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Auto fill a property value, basing on an other property's value

Creator
Creator

Hello,
I create two proporties for ItemRevision, one as a LOV and the second it must taken a value
that dependeing on first property's  value.
I explain with an example:
=> proporty 1 : is attached to an classic LOV which contain three values ( TOTO, TATA , TITI).
=> proporty 2 :
" Should contain automatically  the character [O] if the the value of property 1 is TOTO"
" Should contain automatically the character [A] if the the value of property 1 is TATA
" Shouled contain automatically  the character[I] if the value of property 1 is TITI"

My idea is: 
I think that I should create a custom operation that I attached to the proporty 2.
Can any one be able to confirm my idea please ?

Else, i would be grateful if any one can provide me a more simple solution in case.

Best regards,

3 REPLIES

Re: Auto fill a property value, basing on an other property's value

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Interdependent LOV? Each level is stored into the property. 

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help/#uid:ch02b010

Jamie

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Take a look at two property constants, CopyFromOriginal and Fnd0InheritFrom, that control this behavior.

CopyFromOriginal
Select your ItemRevision property and take a look at the constant “CopyFromOriginal”.  This can be set to true or false.  False will clear the based on property value.  The CopyFromOriginal property constant specifies whether the property is copied from the original property in the user interface when a save as or revise is done. Valid values for the constant are true and false. The default value is true.

Fnd0InheritFrom
Can find the value of a property from an existing business objects property.  It can also be controlled from the SaveAsDescriptor.  If the property is setup to be modifiable/populated on the revise or save as operation you can set the CopyFromOriginal value there.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

You could write some code to implement your use case.

As an alternative if you are in a position to change your classic LOV and use a dynamic LOV instead then you can define a value and description attribute for the LOV entries.  The value and description can be attached to different properties of your business object.  You can subtype Fnd0AdminLOVValue and use it to hold your data values.