I'm looking for an automated way of exporting an assembly in Teamcenter as monolithic JT-file. The assembly needs to be configured by variant and revision.
What I'm really looking for is an automated version of TcVis Mockup, Export-> JT (Monotlithic).
Do anyone know something like this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4
You are assuming right, we use NX (NX10) and Teamcenter 10 (10.1.2.2). Sry for not stating in first post. We also do create JT files on Dispatcher (ugtopvdirect) when NX models are relased.
Hence my question, I want to "reuse" the JT files in some way and create a monolithic JT file (or maybe a plmxml (with jt files in a folder)) outside Teamcenter.
Yes I'm also aware of this can be done by NX JT Translators (ugtopv) but I think this won't be very performant, the assembly we want to export contains of about 5000 parts. (The size of JT-file we export from TcVis is about 3 Gb )
I have also looked into the utility assy_jt_creator which is something like what I want to achieve but this one fails on some of our JT-files (I think the jt toolkit which is used is quite old and our JT-files are new).
So I appreciate all suggestions that can export an assembly from TC in JT format in an automated way (something like ug_clone but for JT) (TcVis Export are not possible to automate, as far as I understand otherwise this would be the best solution for us)
try following command for TC-shell
C:\PLM\NX9\PVTRANS\run_ugtopv.bat -pim=yes "@DB/TestAssy/A01" -honour_structure -u=xxx -p=xxx -g=xxx -save_outside_teamcenter -force_output_dir=d:\jt -config="C:\PLM\NX9\PVTRANS\tessUG.config"
Make sure your tessUG.config has following setting:
structureOption = "MONOLITHIC"
I ended up with running quite a lot of tools to export a complete BOM in JT.
For any one intrested i did the following:
Bomwriter (Tc) for extract a plmxml bom
load_fcccache (Tc) to download all of the JT-files
plmxmltojt to convert (Vis) from plmxml to JT
jt2jt (jt utilities) from JT to Monolithic JT
Some of my problems are related to corrupt JT-files, but the procedure appove are working at the moment.
Maybe a little late, but there is an interesting utility that you should checkout. I haven't tried it.