Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

BMIDE deployment error

When I deployed the custom template to TC by BMIDE, I encountered an error the message is "cant refresh dataset". I attched a syslog to this subject for analazing. Does anyone encounter the same problem and have solutions for this issue? Because users are waiting for the solution, I need to solve this problem as soon as posibble.

Helpppp T_T

10 REPLIES

Re: BMIDE deployment error

None of the attached logs show the error you describe. They are clean. Try looking in TC_ROOT\install or TC_ROOT\log directories for more relevant logs/errors.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Dear Randy,

Thank for your reply.

As my logs uploaded previously, one of them has an error message "error code 9069: unable to refreshed dataset 6376 in Dataset::refreshMe(lockIt TRUE, isLockForDelete TRUE) - Teamcenter.CoreModelDataset.ae at D:\workdir\tc11221x_win64\src\core\ae\DatasetImpl.cxx(1408)" in tcserver.exe8c0ad13.syslog. 

I'm not sure it is helpful for you to anlaze the problem. And I checked TC_Root/install and TC_Root/logs, I didnt find any logs matched with the date I deployed. Could you tell me what logs you need for anlazing?

I didnt know how to solve this problem, can be fixed by reinstalling BMIDE? If I remove BMIDE and reinstall it, have any risk for this operation?

Look forward to your reply.

BR,

Welson

The lines you describe in the tcserver syslog begin with "NOTE" not "ERROR". The note indicates that Shared Memory may be stale. You can rebuild shared memory but you have to turn off all Tc processes first (that reference it) or you won't be able to delete the folder.
- Shutdown all Tc services
- Delete shared memory folder
- Rebuild shared memory
- Startup all Tc services

Rebuild...
Note: you may have to manually set TC_TMP_DIR first.
# Delete
generate_metadata_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -delete -log %TC_TMP_DIR%
generate_client_meta_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -t delete all
# Regenerate
generate_client_meta_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -t generate all
generate_metadata_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -force -log %TC_TMP_DIR%

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed your steps to rebuild cache but I encounted a new problem. When I prepared to connect to TC for deploying the custom template, the connection is stoped and show a message "the shared metadata cache is out of date". I am confused becuase I just rebuilded the cache. I have uploaded the syslog, please kindly help to anlaze this problem.

BR,

Welson

The client_cache_manager.log shows generate_client_meta_cache failed (14112). The generate_client_meta_cache12e00777.syslog shows.
ERROR - 2017/08/07-15:59:25.035 UTC - NoId - 7 - FSC_Init error: 7 CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT: The destination server is offline or unreachable on this network. - Teamcenter.Organization.sa at D:\workdir\tc11221x_win64\src\core\sa\fscinterface.cxx(512)

Make sure the main FSC (the one serving the volumes) is started before running the commands to rebuild the cache's. The contents of the ClientCache folder in infodba's Home will be replaced.

Hi Randy,

The problem of "cache is out of date" was solved when I started the FSC service and rebuilded the cache. 

But the original problem is still there. I found the BMIDE log in temp folder. The log was uploaded and please kindly anlazy for this issue.

BR

Welson

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Welsonwei
a week ago

The tcserver syslog shows that it was unable to lock the SharedMetadataCache dataset. Search "Dataset Name" for SharedMetadataCache. Copy the DS to infodba's Home. Ensure that the DS is not checked out, that the owner is infodba, the group is dba and that there is a file shown in Named References.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your reply.

According to the tcserver syslog, the Dataset Name is "DatasetImpl.cxx". I used the name to search for all folders in OS but nothing be found. Could you tell me where I can find it or where this kind of file should be stored in? 

BR,

Welson

DatasetImpl.cxx is the internal C++ code for the dataset implementation function. The name of the dataset is "SharedMetadataCache".

SharedMetadataCache-NamedReferences.png

Home-SharedMetadataCache.png