Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice deleting BMIDE project with live updates

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

In the past I have successfully deleted obsolete BMIDE projects that we merged into our main project.

Now I need to merge a project with live updates attached to it into our main project and delete the obsolete project afterwards.

I have tried to find some information in the documentation and the solution center, but failed to find something.

Will the following procedure reflect the required process?

• merge all XML files
    • live update => parent project => main project
  • cold deploy updated projects
  • delete obsolete projects from
    • BMIDE
    • model folder
    • datasets

This is a very rough outline of the complete process described in the best practice guide for BMIDE for regular projects.

Is there any additional step needed that is not mentioned in the best practice guide, if there is a live update project part of the game?

Thanks in advance for enlightening me ;-)

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong ;)
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide
1 REPLY 1

Re: Best practice deleting BMIDE project with live updates

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Answering my own question here.

One needs to first incorporate the latest live update changes in the parent project of the live updates and cold deploy that, this will remove the reference to the live update project from the database.

Then you can delete the .metadata folder from the BMIDE workspace, to remove the presence of the live update project. This folder will be recreated automatically with the next run of the BMIDE.

You have to re-import the template projects into BMIDE, but that is no trouble at all.

Afterwards you can proceed with deleting the obsolete template project as described in the BMIDE best practice guide available on the 11.x tab of the Teamcenter documentation.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong ;)
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide