cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block change on dataset when item revision is Released

Genius
Genius

Is it possible to prevent an check-out(read change) on an dataset (PDF) if it's not set any status on it but the item revision has one?

Reason for this is that I have an external converter to generate a PDF and the workflow initiates this conversions through a subprocess in the workflow.

When the subprocess is started it continues with a set status task but at that moment the PDF isn't present. Therefor the original dataset get a status and when the PDF is added it's without status so I can therefore make check-out and modify the PDF.

Would like to block this to avoid any mistakes even if it's an PDF which users normally don't touch. 

Any suggestion is appreciated.

4 REPLIES

Re: Block change on dataset when item revision is Released

Pioneer
Pioneer
I do not understand what you are trying to achieve exactly.
Can you give some more informations?
Thomas Zwatz, CADadmin, PÖTTINGER Landtechnik GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP11 + TC10.1.7.1
Testing: NX10.0.3.5 MP17, NX11.0.2.7 MP02 + TC10.1.7.1
Development: C#

Genius
Genius

I'll give it a try,

what I would like to find is a handler that could be used in a workflow that reads the actual status from item revision and attach it to the PDF dataset.

This situation occurs when we have already released the item revision and creating the PDF after the release.

Phenom
Phenom
You could possibly move the "setStatus" call in the sub-process after PDF-generation. If that is not possible, you could add following handlers after PDF Generation process:

1. "EPM-attach-related-objects" and on ItemRev , this will add all datasets to target objects of workflow. (also ignores if already added)

2. EPM-set-status to set status on all targets (which includes PDF also)

Phenom
Phenom
Also, as the ItemRev already has status, use "TCRS-remove-targets-with-status" before using EPM-set-status.