Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Build a Query with Query Builder to find the Item-Revisions with compound Attributes

Hello all Experts,

Now i'm trying to make a Query for searching all item-revisions with some properties.

My scenario is:

Point 1: I just want buil a Query for searching some item revision by giving some properties such as "Material" or "Approver".

Point 2: In Query Builder, in "search class: Item Revision" i can find directly a property " Approver" but not "Material" and for searching an Approver it works definitely!

Point 3: After that i have checked in my BMIDE and i know that "Approver" was defined as Persistent property and "Material" as Compound property.

My question is:

1. Is it possible to make a query for searching the compound property?

2. How i can build a query for this case? for example, which Rrelation should i take?

Thanks all, your help will be an improvement for my Knowledge Smiley Happy

Nithi

5 REPLIES

Re: Build a Query with Query Builder to find the Item-Revisions with compound Attributes

Hi Nithi,

Do you know source object of Material property ? Depending on that query definition should be written.

Regards
Naveen.
TC11.2.1

Re: Build a Query with Query Builder to find the Item-Revisions with compound Attributes

Hi naveengm,

Thank you for answer. I'll check it again.

Nithi

Unfortunately, Teamcenter QueryBuilder is not supporting a query for compound or runtime properties. 

You can only build queries on persistent properties of the objects storage class.

xtof

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author nithi
‎11-22-2016 07:29 AM

Not sure if search by directly using the compound property name would work. But using the relation segment should work. For ex. If the property material referes a property XYZ from a Dataset which is related with IMAN_specification to the ItemRev, then you could search in Query builder like this:

1. Under all properties for ItemRevision, double click on Specifications/IMAN_specification. This will open Class selection Dialog

2. In Class selection dialog, select class Dataset. This will open a list of Dataset properties under Specifications[Dataset]

3. Double click on property XYZ. A row of selection criteria will be added in the Query.

I did this for a Dataset-property "ref_names" in the default query "Item Revision..." and got a row like this:

AND   |  Dataset:IMAN_specification.ref_names   |   ref_names   |   =   

Hello xplm2005,

As you know that search by directly using the compound property name could not work. Now I have found the solution. It seem like your solution. But in my case, all properties are in the Catia-form which relates directly with IMAN-specification to my ItemRevision.

For my solution will the query in the search class "ItemRev" and a row of search critetion is like following:

AND|Form:IMAN_specification.CATIAForm:data_file."property"

It works! Anyway Thank you so much!

Nithi