Hello all Experts,
Now i'm trying to make a Query for searching all item-revisions with some properties.
My scenario is:
Point 1: I just want buil a Query for searching some item revision by giving some properties such as "Material" or "Approver".
Point 2: In Query Builder, in "search class: Item Revision" i can find directly a property " Approver" but not "Material" and for searching an Approver it works definitely!
Point 3: After that i have checked in my BMIDE and i know that "Approver" was defined as Persistent property and "Material" as Compound property.
My question is:
1. Is it possible to make a query for searching the compound property?
2. How i can build a query for this case? for example, which Rrelation should i take?
Thanks all, your help will be an improvement for my Knowledge
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thank you for answer. I'll check it again.
Unfortunately, Teamcenter QueryBuilder is not supporting a query for compound or runtime properties.
You can only build queries on persistent properties of the objects storage class.
Not sure if search by directly using the compound property name would work. But using the relation segment should work. For ex. If the property material referes a property XYZ from a Dataset which is related with IMAN_specification to the ItemRev, then you could search in Query builder like this:
1. Under all properties for ItemRevision, double click on Specifications/IMAN_specification. This will open Class selection Dialog
2. In Class selection dialog, select class Dataset. This will open a list of Dataset properties under Specifications[Dataset]
3. Double click on property XYZ. A row of selection criteria will be added in the Query.
I did this for a Dataset-property "ref_names" in the default query "Item Revision..." and got a row like this:
AND | Dataset:IMAN_specification.ref_names | ref_names | =
As you know that search by directly using the compound property name could not work. Now I have found the solution. It seem like your solution. But in my case, all properties are in the Catia-form which relates directly with IMAN-specification to my ItemRevision.
For my solution will the query in the search class "ItemRev" and a row of search critetion is like following:
It works! Anyway Thank you so much!