Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD BOM to EBOM to MBOM

Genius
Genius

We have CAD with BOM. this is good no issues.

We would like to create the Engineering BOM(EBOM) from CAD bom with some addition of parts. this should not affect the CAD BOM. but when we make changes in the CAD BOM, it should update in EBOM.

same way, We want to make MBOM from EBOM.

Is it possible in Teamcenter?

34 REPLIES

Re: CAD BOM to EBOM to MBOM

Phenom
Phenom
When you add additional parts to the bom that has been created in CAD in teamcenter, set the note for 'UG GEOMETRY' in structure manager to 'no' for that occurrence.

This makes the cad package ignore this occurrence when downloading and uploading to Teamcenter.

Richard
www.prospectplm.co.uk
Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I think he's asking more about the Part versus Design methodology?
https://bct-technology.com/en/support/tips-tricks/teamcenter-part-design-alignment.html
http://plmdojo.com/datamodel/aligning-pdm-and-plm-with-part-and-design-business-objects/#.WmpMcLsm5a...

The difference between a Part BOM (Product) and a Design BOM (CAD). You'll need to look into Multi-Structure Manager too.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Genius
Genius

Thanks Richard and Randy for reply.

Please find the attached image, which would explain the issue. There is no issue on CAD BOM. we would like to add fasteners to Engineer BOM(structure manager) that should not come in CAD BOM. same time, When we update CAD BOM, it should update in EBOM. is it possible?

Regards

Venny

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Venny,

I think my original post delivers what you want.

set 'UG GEOMETRY' in structure manager to 'no' for revisions you dont want to be pulled into CAD.

See attached image.  When you save and re-open the BOM in Structure Manager the icon changes.

Regards,

Richard

www.prospectplm.co.uk

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Genius
Genius

I set up UG Geometry-NO. No eefect on CAD. This is Solid edge assembly

Phenom
Phenom
Oh dear. Works with SolidWorks. I don't have Solid Edge.

I'll ask ex colleagues on Monday who have SE if you dont get a response by then.

Kind regards,
Richard
Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Genius
Genius

Richard

Did you get a chace to find info for solid edge?

Regards

Venny

Creator
Creator

We use the CAD-Part Alignment functionality in Teamcenter to sync the Part and CAD BOMs.

A heads up for the CAD-Part Alignment is that many downstream applications in Teamcenter like active workspace and technomatix does not support the methology use with CAD Part Alignment. You have to do a couple minor adjustments for them to work.

However, CAD-Part Alignment is basically used when you want to split the CAD BOM and Part BOM to have separete lives. CAD BOM is built by design objects and Part BOM by Parts. After having made you CAD BOM from your cad system, works with all cad systems, you sync the 2 boms in multi structure manager by creating pushlish-links between the occurences in the different BOMs.

The process of creating part bom from cad can be automated by customization. There´s a property on the OOTB part object called "Requires posstioned design" which can be set to false for the parts that don´t have design equals in the design BOM.

Our customization handles both creation and update of part structures from cad bom. It takes the "Require possitioned design" into account when updating part boms. And it also validates if the occurences in the design bom is a reference geometry ....

MBOM is created with the processes coming from Manufacturing process planning extension to Teamcenter.

---------------------------
Björn Andersson
Solution Architect
PLM @ Nibe AB

---------------------------

Phenom
Phenom

Sorry for late response.

SEEC_BOM_Synchronize is a preference I think you should look at.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk